Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

rear channel setup question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear channel setup question

3channel is with abs and without traction control, 4 channel is with traction control.
OK I'VE SEARCHED THIS PART, that was the easy part BUT (and I'm a newbie 4sure) what is the better setup? I see people swapping in 3channel rears for their 4s but I don't understant why. I'm thinking of putting in a moser9'' and a hurst roll control with an abs "hurst style" delete kit. Could someone throw me a clue here as to why someone would swap out their rear for the other kind?
Really hope I'm not beating a dead horse but I honestly didn't find a post like this when I searched. Also I've read that the abs delete somehow helps "save your rear brakes", am I on the right track with this thinking?
Oh and if your wondering why this was posted at 4am, I work 3rds and its my day off

Last edited by SSOTRUE; 11-04-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you are gonna race the car at all, then don't mess with the 4 channel... it'll spend most of it's time turned off. either way, you'll be better off to just install what was there originally.

I offer a ford 9 inch bolt-in rearend that has 3 or 4 channel abs/tcs options.
either way, you're covered.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds good to me, I'll be sure to check you out when I'm ready to buy. Thank you for the heads up on your products, thats seriously awesome! And yes I'm planning on dragging the car on weekends btw. But can anyone answer my other questions about the abs delete for the hurst roll control or why you would switch rear ends? I mean if your better off leaving what you originally had in the car then whats to benefit of going through the trouble to aquire the other rear?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

theres not gonna be any benefit from one rearend tothe other if you are gonna delete the abs/tcs. if you want to keep the abs, then keep the setup thats in the car. untill now there was no 3 channel abs available for for 9 inch rearends, so some people wanted to go w/ 4 channel setups.

if you're not gonna drive the car in rain or snow, any abs system really isn't needed. all its gonna do is increase the cost of a new rearend. however, if you're driving style includes panic stops, then the abs might be good for you.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Ah I see now, so everyones basically fabricating a with abs 9'' w/o tcs which makes it a 3channel 9''. Haha no I don't believe my driving style includes frequent panic stops! Anyways nope the car will be a NO rain/snow garaged car, just for fun nights/drag strips and cruising. Sounds good, I'll keep all that in mind when I'm ready for my complete 9'' rear end. Thank you very much for your time. Talk to you in the spring when I buy my new car

Last edited by SSOTRUE; 11-05-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most folks swap rear ends for different gear ratios (i.e. swap your 2.73 rearend for someone else's 3.42, etc). I have never heard of someone putting in a rear end solely because it was a different channel. So when you see people asking about the 3 chan/4 chan biz, they are just trying to see if the rear will bolt right in, or will need modifying.