Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Harlan 2-step

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Harlan 2-step

I just received my Harlan 2-step. After reading through the directions I'm a little confused on how to connect everthing together.

I want to activate the 2-step with my t-brake button. I also want to de-activate the NOS at the same time so I can leave the line at WOT.

On/Off operation:
On/Off operation allows the user to activate and de-activate the 2-step manually.

White wire (arming switch): Momentary switch to ground. Normally open, close to activate.

Gray Wire: Connect to ground or parallel with white wire.

Relay control output:
The relay outout provides a switched ground (yellow wire) whenever the 2-step is armed or active. This can be used to deactivate a nitrous system that normally uses a wide open throttle switch for activation of the nitrous, or for an indicator that the 2-step is active.

I am not very electrically inclined so I would greatly appreciate some help.

The way I read it is I will tie in the white wire between the t-brake button and the t-brake silinoid. The gray wire will simply go to ground.

The yellow wire will tie in between the relay and the nitrous WOT switch.

Does that sound about right?

TIA
-Allen

Old 06-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help with Harlan 2-step

ttt
Old 06-17-2003, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Need help with Harlan 2-step

Yep.

I am not sure on the trans-brake, but sounds right. As long as you hold in the switch the 2-step is activated. Release switch and it disengages the 2-step.

Gray is purely a ground to any where.

Yellow is the key to activate/deactivate the nitrous system. I followed the direction from Harlan as best I could - I am also electronically dense. I also have my window switch connected in with the same relay - 2 separate relays. It does work great. Push in clutch, set 2-step, slam the gas to the floor, release clutch, launch at 5800 rpms

David