New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gto Will Not Go Into Gear

Old 11-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto Will Not Go Into Gear

i have an 04 gto and my clutch slowly went soft all the way down and wont go into gear.. anyone ever get this problem?? best way to fix? thanks a lot
Old 11-04-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

best way to fix it, probly buy a new clutch? the tranny wont want to let you put it in gear if the clutch is still engaged. Do you have an aftermarket clutch or hydro's? try putting it in first before you fire it, if the car moves/stalls while the pedal is down then its not disengaging. could be your slave cyl.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stoverz28
best way to fix it, probly buy a new clutch? the tranny wont want to let you put it in gear if the clutch is still engaged. Do you have an aftermarket clutch or hydro's? try putting it in first before you fire it, if the car moves/stalls while the pedal is down then its not disengaging. could be your slave cyl.
im 85% sure its my slave.. my car starts fine just the clutch doesnt disengage for me to put into gear and the problem slowly got worse.. leeky slave... whats the best way to get to that
Old 11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your shift linkage could be messed up. My friend had an 04 with 600 miles on it. About 6 full throttle clutch drops later he found himself getting a tow to the dealer.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a slave cylinder issue to me. I had that happen in my old eclipse GST. With the car off I could change the gears, but when I started it no way. If I left it in gear when I tried to start it instead of neutral it would start driving off like it was automatic.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your gonna have the pull the tranny back ~8 in. to get the slave off the input shaft.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

i have a full warrenty im taking it in first thing in the morning.. if i had all the right tools i would be gettin dirty

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gto Will Not Go Into Gear