Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie here!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here!

Hows it going guys/gals? My name is Tim, and I just recently purchased a 2000 Pontiac T/A.

Its an A4, tan leather, red exterior, and has z06 knockoffs of some sort

It was a trade in at the dealership I work at, so I scooped it up ASAP.

I never really imagined myself owning an F-body. I come from a handful of Hondas and Nissans, but I have always had a great appreciation for the platform and the powerplant.

Some future plans are Pacesetter LT's / Y-pipe, True duals, Feutral f13, Comp valvetrain, 3600 stall/converter, 3.73's, HPTuners, some sort of lid, LS6 I/M.

Oh yea, they only really bad thing about the car is that it has 103,000 miles ;(

It runs good, but there are quite a few things that the previous owner started to neglect. One thing is that the multi-function switch for the turn signals is going bad. Some bulbs were blown, and the coolant was utterly disgusting. I've already fixed those things to make it road worthy, but other than that, it drives great. Next project is to take care of some moderate rust underneath the battery tray from a leaky battery. There seems to be enough material for me to be able grind off the rust, and then spray it with some rust inhibitors, then paint.

Anywho, I look foward to learning from the gurus. Later.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Welcome man!! Sounds like you've got yourself a pretty nice car. I also see that you have a 240sx. My best friend just got a stock 1992 240 about a month ago and I swear it is one of the slowest things I have ever driven. It could be because it has 140,000 miles on it though. Of course he is going to swap the motor out though. Post some pics of your rides up man!! Show 'em off!!

TJ
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome man!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Welcome to the Forum, let the mod fever begin.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the warm welcomes, and yea, the 240sx was slow as hell, but it handled well. I was using it as a daily driver/drift **** and it even though it was slow, it was the most fun I ever had in a car. That car was totalled shortly before I bought the T/A, due to an SUV running me off the road, but Im about to buy a shell to swap over all my parts. Im not about to let a 1400 dollar diff go to waste!!

Ill get pictures ASAP, I still need to clean the car up. I claybar'd it today, so its completely stripped of all impurities, next step is cleaner wax, swirl remover, seal it, then carnubau(sp).

Search this Thread