Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PorVette endurance road race car update...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PorVette endurance road race car update...

I've got a few more photos from the track of our PorVette at the following link:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2640341

Just as a point of interest for this hybrid board, we ran 27 hours of track time with 12 hours of it being race time, without any mechanical issues. Only at the 27th hour, we had an off, seemed to have either bottomed out or had some wheel hop on the dirt, then cracked the corvette differential case when coming back on track (spinning wheel and torque generated when the rubber got sudden traction maybe).

We're prepping now to compete in the 25 Hours of Thunderhill Dec. 1-2, 2007, and have a very good team forming.

So far so good for this LS1 / Porsche combo!

Last edited by Steve Rea; 11-06-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet Porsche swap. I've been looking at 944's for a daily driver swap.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,

Congratulations on a fine win at Willow. Let us know when your next race is there; the track is less than an hour's drive from home.

I'm curious about the rear suspension set up, and how you determined the pick up points. The stock Vette set up has some interesting geometry. What are you running for shocks and brakes?

Andy1
Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a very cool swap. I like the fact that you used the Corvette transaxle.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the update, Steve! Keep up the great work.

Stealth- Do it, you won't regret it!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. My buddy did this swap for a street car, but it's not his daily driver. I imagine it'd be nice, but the reality is that it's not going to turn out "cheap". If you're looking for something cool, and different, it'll be great.

Andy, we were just at Buttonwillow today testing with Aaron Pfadt (Pfadt Race Engineering - Corvette suspension parts), as he'll be driving with us at the 25 Hour race. Things are progressing nicely, and I'm loving the new Tilton 3 pedal assembly! There is a slight chance we'll be at Willow this Friday, though I doubt it. It looks most likely that we'll just put the new engine in, dyno break-in and tune, then head up to Thunderhill for the 30th test day there, before the race.

My fabricator took the measurements off of a C5 Z06, and figured how they would transfer to the Porsche. So far so good.

Steve

Quick Reply: PorVette endurance road race car update...