Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Infinity 62.7i in T/A question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Infinity 62.7i in T/A question

Considering the infinity 62.7i's for replacement of my stock monsoon speakers in the doors that are blown. I'm assuming the infinity's tweeters are better than the stock tweets but they would be pointing at my leg not my ears like the stockers do. So which would sound better, the 62.7's wired to use both the woofer and the tweeter aimed at my leg or just use the infinity's woofers and use the stock tweets?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would personally say neither. Infinity does not make a great set of components. The midbass from their woofer is extremely weak, and the tweeter is to bright. And the new series that you are inquiring about is even worse than the series I have used. The magnets are even smaller and the sound quality has dropped.

I would have to reccomend a set of Polk components in the front to replace both the woofer and the tweeter. Polk makes a solid set of components and coaxial speakers for a decent price. They will work even better down the road if you add an amplifier.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

PS: this is coming from a guy who had Infinity speakers all around in the camaro. I even have a set of Infinity Perfects in the garage, which sound nice, but overall the Polks are a better value without adding an amp.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ultraz
PS: this is coming from a guy who had Infinity speakers all around in the camaro. I even have a set of Infinity Perfects in the garage, which sound nice, but overall the Polks are a better value without adding an amp.
Will not be adding an amp. What's the model # on those polks?

Last edited by AFTICA; 11-06-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

they are POLK DB series components..... look em up at CircuitCity.com or polkaudio.com
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

i got some infinty 6 1/2 reference on a pioneer deck and they are pretty crispy and clear, not gonna win a sound off but they sound good for what i paid for em, 45 on ebay brand new.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the CDT CL-61CV ($149.00) and CDT EF-6 w/UP-222 ($169.00) deals going right now as well. They sound great to and are in the same price range. Just another quality option.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I have the CDT CL-61CV ($149.00) and CDT EF-6 w/UP-222 ($169.00) deals going right now as well. They sound great to and are in the same price range. Just another quality option.
It looks like those speakers have some sort of cross over box that comes with them. Where do you mount that?

With these speakers and the Powerbass 3XL 675,s that you sell, do they mount in factory locations w/o any modification?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Powerbass do mount in factory locations and would wire to your factory equipment easily since the crossover is exposed...however, they are coaxials and you do have components from the factory. You can put them there but honestly I'd stay with components for a Firebird/Trans Am application. Crossovers will come with any quality component system. In the case of the Trans Am you can wire directly to the stock wire utilizing the stock crossovers and not use the CDT crossover. Or you can wire the midbass to the stock wiring and run the tweeter wire to the crossover and then to the aftermarket tweeter. You just cut the stock crossover off and use the connector on it to plug into the stock harness. It sounds complicated but it really isn't and would sound better than the stock tweeter and crossover anyday. Plus the CDT crossovers are adjustable.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
The Powerbass do mount in factory locations and would wire to your factory equipment easily since the crossover is exposed...however, they are coaxials and you do have components from the factory. You can put them there but honestly I'd stay with components for a Firebird/Trans Am application. Crossovers will come with any quality component system. In the case of the Trans Am you can wire directly to the stock wire utilizing the stock crossovers and not use the CDT crossover. Or you can wire the midbass to the stock wiring and run the tweeter wire to the crossover and then to the aftermarket tweeter. You just cut the stock crossover off and use the connector on it to plug into the stock harness. It sounds complicated but it really isn't and would sound better than the stock tweeter and crossover anyday. Plus the CDT crossovers are adjustable.
2 more questions.... If the CDT cross-overs are used where do you mount them? How long are those prices good?

Thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions.