Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any F-2 Procharger kits for the LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any F-2 Procharger kits for the LS1?

Since Procharger doesnt make a LSx kit for a F-2 I figured I'd better check the aftermarket to see if anyone is doing a kit. I havent been able to find anything so far. We have a reverse head unit and are looking to make a set of brackets to use it if not. Dont wanna waste our time designing and machining if something exists already. Figured what better place to check than on here.
Thanks.
-Jake
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NIIN20
Since Procharger doesnt make a LSx kit for a F-2 I figured I'd better check the aftermarket to see if anyone is doing a kit. I havent been able to find anything so far. We have a reverse head unit and are looking to make a set of brackets to use it if not. Dont wanna waste our time designing and machining if something exists already. Figured what better place to check than on here.
Thanks.
-Jake
Hey Jake, im running an F2 on my 98 C5, blower fits under the stock hood. I used the procharger bracket and had to mod it to handle the F2. I ran into a lot of problems because i tried using a cog drive set up to run the blower and the accessories, the prob is that F2 is one mean bitch. It takes about 300 hp to spin it at max rpm, it broke my water pump, alt bracket and stock blower bracket. Took a lot of fab to make it work. I did find out you can run the F2 on a 30mm cog if you use the ATI super pulley, i've had great belt life with this set up. Let me know if your going to do it, i can send some pics of what i've done.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MoreJuice
Hey Jake, im running an F2 on my 98 C5, blower fits under the stock hood. I used the procharger bracket and had to mod it to handle the F2. I ran into a lot of problems because i tried using a cog drive set up to run the blower and the accessories, the prob is that F2 is one mean bitch. It takes about 300 hp to spin it at max rpm, it broke my water pump, alt bracket and stock blower bracket. Took a lot of fab to make it work. I did find out you can run the F2 on a 30mm cog if you use the ATI super pulley, i've had great belt life with this set up. Let me know if your going to do it, i can send some pics of what i've done.
I would like to see pics. I am doing a cog setup on my F1R(F-Body though).
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Holy Crap! that thing is one mean bitch to snap all of your brackets.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Show us some pics!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Launching!

http://www.thesuperchargerstore.com/newproducts.html

What about something like this?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info so far guys. This will be a "race oriented" deal. I heard Hardcore had a similar setup but I'd say given the latest circumstances that phone call is out of the question.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Thats sounds like a monster of a C5. Pics would be great!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Soul Crusher

wow that would be the way to go
Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll see if i can dig up the pics of MoreJuice's car to share. It was pretty much all custom work.
The key to making this thing streetable and last is the ATI (balancer company) Super Pulley
Old 11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need to get in touch with Bob at Exotic Performance Plus.com. He is the expert in North America on ProChargers.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Here are the only pics that I have right now of the F-2 on a 98 C5

Hood shuts no problem. We actually ran the alternator off of the AC crank pulley on a custom made bracket to hold the alternator. The stock brackets didn't last long. The monster F-2 pretty much ate the water pump pulley, alternator bracket, power steering bracket, and idler pulley bracket all for lunch. Right now the car does not have power steering, just ran out of time to get it working for the contest. Didn't really need it just to back it up on the dyno anyways. Over the winter all accesories will be put back on and functional.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What size motor for Juices?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

more details here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/811835-98-c5-f-2-pics-56k-good-luck.html
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM
9 Second Club

i hear of a reverse F2 kit to hit the market in the spring
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 AM
8 Second Club

Can you send pics to abcocustom@bellnet.ca please? I have a F1C on the car right now but next season I want to go to a F1R and would love to cog it!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Staging Lane

Hey thanks! I checked out your setup and thats pretty cool. I dont plan to copy it but would be intrigued by anymore pics of it. Your welcome to email them if needed to keep the "cat in the bag" on what your doing.
We've got the 1" aluminum plate ordered that I am gonna machine out the blower to engine mounting plate/motor plate out of. My deal is gonna be a pretty nasty race oriented setup with remote water pump and lack of accesories other than an altenator. I cant wait to really get some momentum on the project over the next few weeks.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

thats an awesome c5!
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Lets not forget Rocco's cogs...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1708437
Old 11-10-2007, 12:36 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by eb02z06
Can you send pics to abcocustom@bellnet.ca please? I have a F1C on the car right now but next season I want to go to a F1R and would love to cog it!
How much boost are you seeing now? We have an F1A on my '99 Camaro, and with an 408 and AFR 225 heads, 18 to 20 psi of boost is not a problem. I would think that past 20 psi of boost, you'd be pushing some water with the four bolt blocks. Bob

Quick Reply: Any F-2 Procharger kits for the LS1?