Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction

Its kind of strange. I can pull sub 2.0 60 ft times but I cant get traction when I shift hard into 2nd and 3rd. Is this bad track prep or do I just need to figure the car out a little more?

I would literally spin the car all the way around shifting into 2nd and 3rd if I didnt let off the gas. Its pissing me off because none of the other C6 guys are having the same problem. They were all 100% stock and auto tho.

I know some nice DRs will pull my times down a lot but my stock tires are still in good shape.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tires are the first part of traction, there is not much to do to help a car not spin on street tires, having an adjustable front and rear shock will help some.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car shouldn't be spinning all the way around, unless something in the suspension is tweaked. If it was tweaked, you should be feeling that off the line too.

One other possibility is you're giving the steering wheel a little snap at the same time you're shifting, and that could be upsetting the car. I've seen guys jerk their whole body in the seat and not even realize they're doing it.

-- added --
If the tires are old/hard, it can get pretty squirrely on you too, especially when you're not sitting on the prepped "launch pad" anymore.

Last edited by John_D.; 02-04-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: another thing to think about
Old 11-11-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMAO that's funny