Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

I am Jabo of the Goat People...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am Jabo of the Goat People...

Hi everyone,

I now have 10K miles on my '06 GTO since buying it new seven months ago. She is still bone stock, but I have the basic bolt-ons on the way. I have heard many good things about this forum from my fellow LSX buds on the GTO forum and my local racing forum. I look forward to taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge of the members here.

Her name is "GiGi" (wifey named her) and I've made about a dozen passes at the track and I'm still learning to drive this thing. 6-Speed Manual, PB to date is 13.566@104.83 (my 60' sucks on the stock tires and suspension) and I will be making one more "bone-stock" trip to the track this Sunday. After that it will time to start awakening the beast in her

I have owned a few V8 cars years ago, but I had been driving vtec (YO!) for the past nine years. I have been planning this hot-rod for about 20 years in my head. I chose the GTO over an '03 Cobra Termie that I got to drive for half a day. Man, it was a beast, but the issue of seeing 25 other mustangs on the way to work each day was a big turn-off. Most are the V6 "my little pony" package with a chick driving it. I'm the only GTO in my deck and I average seeing another GTO about one per week at most. ...and I like that uniqueness.

That's a brief description of where I'm at now. The car will no longer be stock in a few weeks and I am so stoked about getting some LTs and other goodies on her. I look forward to everyone's input out in the forums when I get out there and have questions or just want to jaw a while.

See y'all in the Forums,

Jabo