Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Pick your Poison
Factory Bumper
16.67%
GMMG Dick Harrell Style Bumper
66.67%
GMMG Dick Harrell Style Lip kit (instead of bumper)
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Need opinions...Front bumper poll

Old 11-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need opinions...Front bumper poll

I am curious to see what guys (and Gals) would prefer on a 98-02 Camaro. This is a feeler thread before I go through with investing the time and money into this. The three choices would be the Factory bumper....a GMMG style bumper..... or a Lip kit to make the Factory simmilar to the GMMG. I see there is a decent intrest in the GMMG but I wanna see how many would accually buy it.

Heres is the reason for the poll: I personally want the GMMG style bumper regardless....I wanna see how many would also want one if I can keep it around $400. Its a decent amount of money to lay out to have it designed and a mold produced for Urethane. If I could recoup the money though it would be awsome.

For those whom have been living under a rock.....heres a link to the Dick Harrell cars with it in a few different colors. http://gmmginc.net/programs/Harrell/

P.S. for the Mods and Admins....this is no way a for sale thread or any ways to avoid a sponsorship. Before any further progress I would deff go through the proper channels. Just wanted to make sure all understood this....not trying to short cut
Old 11-11-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would most definitely buy either the full GMMG bumper or "lip kit." However, I see threads like this continually come up in this section and nothing ever happens. So unfortunately, no matter how much I would kill for the bumper, I'm willing to bet that this doesn't come available.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Whats wrong with the factory one. I think it looks very nice.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Brian2006
I would most definitely buy either the full GMMG bumper or "lip kit." However, I see threads like this continually come up in this section and nothing ever happens. So unfortunately, no matter how much I would kill for the bumper, I'm willing to bet that this doesn't come available.

I have the same feeling bro...trust me on that one. Hence I am tired of waiting. I was talking with a Buddy @ work whom has a some one who can make the molds from a CAD and make the bumper.....Now its just the leg work. A lip would be easy but I am shooting for a full bumper that would be a have all the factory features and mounting.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ReDRuM559
Whats wrong with the factory one. I think it looks very nice.
Nothing wrong persay... everyone has a preference. I like how it flows with the Sunoco, and I dont like how the bottom of the Factory bumper rounds under. I like how it flattens out.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

What up Rich......

I'd love one, full bumper or lip. I always loved those bumpers when I saw them at the GM Nats every year on the real thing.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Whats Good Ryan?????

Yeah I figured you would be up for one lol. I am guessing too you guys wouldnt mind just some form of lip kit.....providing proper fitment. We shall see I may go that route for ease at first. Get some happy people.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

I loved the Dick Harrell front bumper ever since I first stumbled upon that site. Although I prolly wouldn't buy one unless it was right now (since I need my hood painted anyway). In the future if I was ever getting the whole car painted I would for sure be interested in getting one.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HMFDZ28
Whats Good Ryan?????

Yeah I figured you would be up for one lol. I am guessing too you guys wouldnt mind just some form of lip kit.....providing proper fitment. We shall see I may go that route for ease at first. Get some happy people.

If they fit well, a lip might be the best answer Rich. It all depends on fitment and how it attaches....if it looks good, and the quality is good I'd be down for sure in the future. The car has taken a back seat with the new house, but come next summer I have some more "plans"....
Old 11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a guy who did a one off, DH "Style" front end, it a TON of work and I doubt you could get him to make one for only 400. Also the front end doesnt look right without the fenders.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
I know a guy who did a one off, DH "Style" front end, it a TON of work and I doubt you could get him to make one for only 400. Also the front end doesnt look right without the fenders.
The whole point would be to properly size it to the factory fenders....which in all reality is not all that difficult.

The Fenders themselves are not all my concern size I personally dont like them. The way the bumper contours in the front is more important.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
If they fit well, a lip might be the best answer Rich. It all depends on fitment and how it attaches....if it looks good, and the quality is good I'd be down for sure in the future. The car has taken a back seat with the new house, but come next summer I have some more "plans"....
We shall have to see....I will play around with some foam and see how it shapes out. Providing I can get it smooth enough and almost seamless then thats deff how I will start this party.

Side note...Poor SS finally gets her cam and is upstaged by a house lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need opinions...Front bumper poll