Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI valve/spring question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FI valve/spring question

I started a thread a while ago about my allpro heads. Now I have a little more $$$ to buy the valves and springs to get this thing rolling. Bob from allpro gave me a idea of price and needs info for the valves. He said he needs to know spring dia., coil bind pressure, and installed spring height and spring poundage. I'm a newb when it comes to valvetrain so, help me out guys. Is there a standard valve length?

Heads already have seats installed and cut along with guides. Valve sizes are 2.05 and 1.60". Stock rockers will be used and I don't have push rods yet. Cam is a 236/236 .587/.587

thanks in advance guys !
Eddie

Last edited by ls1king000; 11-12-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think a set of patriot duals would work, just buy the kit, they come with spring cups and everything, you can machine the heads if need be to acheive proper spring height. Not sure on the valves, wish I knew, I've never run allpros. =\
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Wouldnt it make more sense to let the head builder/supplier, spec and supply everything and assemble them ?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I am:

Allpro heads + ETP valve springs.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am:

Allpro heads + ETP valve springs.
Hmm, etp, I'll take a look. I was also thinking dual 921 or patriot gold. Cam is under .600" lift. Dual spring for sure.

Wouldnt it make more sense to let the head builder/supplier, spec and supply everything and assemble them ?
I didn't have the cash to buy everything assembled so, now I'm buying the valves and springs, seals, locks, etc and going to assemble them myself. Bob that works @ allpro asked me these questions when I went to him to order the valves. The car is a pump gas DD so, I want to make sure I pick the right components and do it right the first time.
I also have a choice between ti and hollow stainless for the intake valves. Ti is twice as expensive as ss.

I would think a set of patriot duals would work, just buy the kit, they come with spring cups and everything, you can machine the heads if need be to acheive proper spring height. Not sure on the valves, wish I knew, I've never run allpros. =\
The cuts for the spring seats are HUGE, I'm pretty sure machining is not needed. I hope I won't have to machine for spring pocket depth. If that's the case, I'll send them to w2w for that plus some porting on the exhaust side. Really though I want to see how these will do unported and save my money for the missing parts to complete my car.