Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Damn drunk drivers...

Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn drunk drivers...

Just took out my car.

Just got plowed into by a drunk driver while in my driveway. took out my car, neighbors porch steps, his car, then a deer carcass flopped out the back into his driveway and the guy left. 19yr old kid in a blue grass plumbing work truck here in Hopkinsville, Ky. They already got him. **** I can't catch a break just got it back together after being down since febuary.

The third pic is the front of the car where it pushed my car into the back of the SUV parked in front of it.
Attached Thumbnails Damn drunk drivers...-screwedcar.jpg   Damn drunk drivers...-fuckedcar.jpg   Damn drunk drivers...-fuckedfront.jpg   Damn drunk drivers...-fuckedintheass.jpg  
Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Wow that sux, glad they caught him. Are you worried that they might total the car out? What year is it?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Sorry to hear man, but your post is fairly mellow considering. You think they may total it? Looks like that rear 1/4 could be banged up a bit.

Least nobody was killed. Cars can be replaced. (thats what I try to say when an ******* damages the cars I try to keep perfect)
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, that's a cocktail of disaster.....teenager, drunk, hunting & driving.

Glad you're ok. Really sorry to see that happen to your car. Getting creamed in your own driveway is the last thing anyone would think about.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, sorry to hear about that. The whole car will have to be pretty much repainted and at least a right rear quarter panel. I have been without my vette since the end of july, won't get it back for another 3-4 months since the accident. I feel your pain. Let us know what happens with the insurance and if they fix your car or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bam! That is messed up.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if you were ever considering lightening the car up, now would be a good time to pull the rear bumper support.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Wow that sux, glad they caught him. Are you worried that they might total the car out? What year is it?
Yea I would prefer the car to not be totalled out. My optimal situations would be A.) they fix the car back to perfection, I get a fresh paintjob and no physical signs it ever happened. or B.)it gets totalled, I get at least 9k for it, I pay the 6 that I owe on it to USAA, and I buy it back for a very cheap price like 1-2k and swap the motor/trans/wiring into a late 80's mustang coupe car

Their adjuster is coming out in 3-5 days they said, I'm going to call and tell them they better have someone out no later than thursday. They have already provided me a rental car as well.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Damn, sorry to hear about that. The whole car will have to be pretty much repainted and at least a right rear quarter panel. I have been without my vette since the end of july, won't get it back for another 3-4 months since the accident. I feel your pain. Let us know what happens with the insurance and if they fix your car or not.
yep, whole car repainted, will also need a new front bumper and a new hood as the bumper is gouged and the hood is bent pretty badly. I'm hoping the body shop lets me source parts as I can get them much cheaper than him.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can find lots of that stuff at the j-yard. Well atleast in Texas. Sucks man.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeZ
yep, whole car repainted, will also need a new front bumper and a new hood as the bumper is gouged and the hood is bent pretty badly. I'm hoping the body shop lets me source parts as I can get them much cheaper than him.
Seems like a great opportunity to upgrade the hood, spoiler, etc. Sorry about the car.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

if you haven't already, contact a personal injury lawyer and sue. I'm sure you have some kind of neck/ back injury. It usually takes a couple days before it kicks in, they'll you be hurting.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
if you haven't already, contact a personal injury lawyer and sue. I'm sure you have some kind of neck/ back injury. It usually takes a couple days before it kicks in, they'll you be hurting.
He wasn't in it. From what I understand it was parked in his driveway.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
He wasn't in it. From what I understand it was parked in his driveway.
That's what I took from it too.

But man that sucks, you would atleast think the car would be safe from something like that happening to it when you are parked at home. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he could always say when he herd the crash it scared him so bad he jumped and fell off the couch and cracked his head on a coffee table and that gave him whiplash!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

wow thats sucks wes, you have had some shitty luck with that car. yea im with jason on the scareing the **** out of you whiplash thing. the courts arent going to favor a drunk driver and you can probley sue for about anything. i would claim emotional damages as well, why not? i would be so pissed that something happend to my car it would stress me out. id milk the drunken bastard for all i could get, because the next time he might kill somebody so its best to make him learn a lesson now. good luck with it man i hope you get all you can out of it.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Z28-00
wow thats sucks wes, you have had some shitty luck with that car. yea im with jason on the scareing the **** out of you whiplash thing. the courts arent going to favor a drunk driver and you can probley sue for about anything. i would claim emotional damages as well, why not? i would be so pissed that something happend to my car it would stress me out. id milk the drunken bastard for all i could get, because the next time he might kill somebody so its best to make him learn a lesson now. good luck with it man i hope you get all you can out of it.

quit parking your car up by the highway, it'll happy to you!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car is totaled fellas, at least the insurance is giving me top dollar for it.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

Cool, that's good to hear!

Was the estimate about $5000?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JRracing
Cool, that's good to hear!

Was the estimate about $5000?
Estimate to get it fixed? I dunno, what they valued the repairs at, I would wager 5-6k roughly as they based it off the book value which was 8,200 but are giving me considerably more than that. I'm up in the air if I'm going to keep it or not, I want to just to have the ls1 to put into something else but then again I wouldn't mind starting fresh with all the headaches and BS I've had with this car in the last year.

Search this Thread