Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

factory boose amps

Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory boose amps

with aftermart radio and speakers can it be done and how
Old 11-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

No. The Bose system is very different from the Monsoon. Basically, the Monsoon system is a speaker upgrade - it has an amp and special speakers that are completely unrelated to the head unit. Camaro Bose systems had a specific head unit that output low voltage, high impedance signal to either three or five speakers (depending on model) that had individual amps attached directly to the speakers.

You can replace the Bose head unit with an aftermarket one as long as you use an adapter to convert the signal to something the individual amps can handle (adapters are available for about $55). Unfortunately, you can't replace the speakers without also replacing the head unit. Of course, you also lose the individual amps when you replace the speakers so you can either run off the new head unit or add your own amp.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, can someone with a Bose system take a photo of how the subwoofer goes in the cubbie in the hatch? Im putting the Bose system back in my car and cant get it to fit back in. I feel semi-retarded, but even had 3 friends trying to help. I feel like the dumb kid in school, who was trying to put the block in the circle hole. LOL

Search this Thread