Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning with longtude headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tuning with longtude headers

I have instaled SLP longtube headers, with cats. I have autotap and a MAFT ready to go. The car turned a slower time, untuned, at the 1 trip to the track I have been able to make( 13.6 @102, 2.0 60'), but it was on the verge of raining that day and I did get a major bog with the new kevlar clutch
Can some help me and walk me thru the tuning?
what autotap logs do I need to record and what an I looking for and how to correct them with the MAFT.
This is a temp solution, as I will be getting LS1EDIT soon to tune for the cam install( 223/223/115 .558 lift)

Thanks for any help

Old 06-24-2003, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: tuning with longtude headers

What I do personally, and has worked on several cars, is monitor your B1S1 O2, B2S1 O2, LTFT bank 1 and 2, knock retard, and fuel trim cell. While cruising, you want your LTFT to be barely negative. If its positive, adjust your MAFT 5% rich so the computer thinks its rich and tries to lean it out, forcing your LTFT negative. Once you have your fuel trims negative at cruise, you can tune for WOT. Start at 0 for the WOt setting and monitor your O2's at WOT. You want them around .900mv If they're higher, adjust 2% lean. If they're lower adjust 2% rich. Make sure you only pay attention to data while your Fuel Trim Cell is 22.