Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: What do you think of the badge idea?
Keep it.
5.56%
Drop it.
66.67%
Keep it and change it(include your idea).
27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Z06 swapped T/A: to badge or not to badge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Z06 swapped T/A: to badge or not to badge?

Here's the scoop. I'll have my new car soon and I had an idea for badges.

I got tore apart on the Corvette forums because they're 90% arrogant, pompus *** morons with too much money. FYI, avoid those forums, they seriously have delusions of grandeur. Don't get me wrong, Vettes are awesome and I've loved them since I was 4, but you'd think I insulted their "god" with this idea. They're basically a bunch of guys who like to stroke each others' pride because of all the money they wasted on their bone stock, never to be modded cars. I could see ACTUAL Z06 badges being a dumb idea but I thought this was fairly creative and a good way to give people an idea of what's in the car.

The car: 98 black WS6 Ram Air, M6, with a 2003 Z06 LS6 motor straight from a vette.

The badge: I'm going to have Jaison at Third Shift Studios make me a badge similar to his WS.666 badge. But it'll read LS.666 in the same font and style badge as the original WS.6 badge. And under it where it'd normally say Trans Am it'll say "Z06 Performance Package" or "Z06 Powered".

What do you guys think? I don't mind honesty but please have enough respect to be decent about it if you don't like it. Sound fair?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't go as far as saying z06 powered as it's more or less the engine that's powering your car not the entire z06 itself. I wouldn't really even say z06 performance package either because the engine is part of the total package...

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea, because it would be cool to have a custom badge like that, but saying it's z06 powered makes no sense to me at all. If the engine was coded z06 instead of ls6, then by all means it would be gravy.

Be sure to post up some pics of that beast when you get it back! I'm sure it looks killer!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

I agree. LS6 Powered would work probably. But its not a Z06 plain and simple. But hey, do what you like, its YOUR car.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

I agree. Something like "LS6 powered" makes more sense. Z06 is an RPO code for a Corvette, not the engine.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Yea I hear that, but I figured, where does "power" in the Z06 come from? The motor.

And the 405hp motor is only a Z06 option. So that's why I wanted it that way. I'm just trying to pay homage to a badass car(the Z06) and give credit where credit's due. Nothing more.

Those a$$holes told me how "envious" I was and that I was a poser and a wanna-be.

I'd like to get the car done and teach all those clowns how to drive.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

i like LS6 Powered personally
Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

there's more to a Z06 than the engine
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldn't put any badges on it other than the ones it rolled off the assembly line with. Thats just me though.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

just leave it stock looking and race for money
Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nighthawk355x
Here's the scoop. I'll have my new car soon and I had an idea for badges.

I got tore apart on the Corvette forums because they're 90% arrogant, pompus *** morons with too much money. FYI, avoid those forums, they seriously have delusions of grandeur. Don't get me wrong, Vettes are awesome and I've loved them since I was 4, but you'd think I insulted their "god" with this idea. They're basically a bunch of guys who like to stroke each others' pride because of all the money they wasted on their bone stock, never to be modded cars. I could see ACTUAL Z06 badges being a dumb idea but I thought this was fairly creative and a good way to give people an idea of what's in the car.

The car: 98 black WS6 Ram Air, M6, with a 2003 Z06 LS6 motor straight from a vette.

The badge: I'm going to have Jaison at Third Shift Studios make me a badge similar to his WS.666 badge. But it'll read LS.666 in the same font and style badge as the original WS.6 badge. And under it where it'd normally say Trans Am it'll say "Z06 Performance Package" or "Z06 Powered".

What do you guys think? I don't mind honesty but please have enough respect to be decent about it if you don't like it. Sound fair?
anything666 is if you wanna be goth get some eyeliner and vampire teeth. Your car is a ws6 not a corvette, if i saw any of those badges on your car i would leave a https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/799436-new-improved-rice-citation.html on it.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with most of the people that have posted. LS6 powered would be better and you would get just as much respect. Remember when they put the Grand National motor in the 89 Trans Ams? They didn't call them Grand Nationals even though they shared alot of the similarities. I wish i could afford to do the swapwith the LS6, sounds like a awesome car. If you put those badges on there be prepared for alot of people talking behind your back. Good luck either way!!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Critt3r
anything666 is if you wanna be goth get some eyeliner and vampire teeth. Your car is a ws6 not a corvette, if i saw any of those badges on your car i would leave a https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799436 on it.
Rice ticket for ONE little badge?! CHRIST! ****-much? LOL! Not like I'm putting 22"s and yellow stripes on it with an erector set to match!

WTF does that have to do with goth, just cuz it says 666?? This isn't high school. It's just a funny play on the emblem, nothing more. It's not like I'm nicknaming the car "Satan" or some dumb crap. ...anything can look stupid when you over-analyze the hell out of it.

And not to be mean but you have a "4**hp" badge a and "5.7" badge on your car that looks like it's off a GTO, and a GLOSS berger panel on a non-berger car. Is that any different from my badge?? Maybe we should both get tickets if you want to get technical. Seriously, no offense intended. Your car's pretty damn nice, but it's just that the similarity is undeniable.

Trust me, if you see the car, badge or no badge, you wouldn't put sh*t on it but some drool.

I just want something small to make it almost look almost like it was some weird factory option or some tuner option, almost like a Lingenfelter package or something...just to f*ck with peoples' heads. I'm not going to put stickers and badges all over the car. I fact, aside from that 1 badge I didn't want ANYTHING on the car, no Trans Am badges, no ram air stickers, no bird on the center of the tail light bar, NOTHING. Just 1 small hint, easy enough to overlook, but helpful enough to make some avoid embarassment.

Last edited by nighthawk355x; 11-15-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Launching!

By all means, if you guys have another idea help me out. Nothing's set in stone. It's just 1 idea I've been tossing around. The "LS6 powered" idea was my next step, I had thought of that too. It may be the better option, I agree.

If you can twist the "WS6" into something interesting let's hear it. Because I was trying and everything so far was stupid.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
there's more to a Z06 than the engine
And yes I understand that. But at the same time, how would my Z06 style badge differ from you and the many people who have Corvette GS hash stripes on f-bodies.

Especially when 99.9% of the cars with them have NOTHING corvette related ANYWHERE on or in them.

Or how about the above mentioned Berger panel on non-berger cars, or CETA bumpers on anything but. Really, is there a difference? If anything the small badge is a little more subtle than those even.

Not ragging on you, I'm just giving you another side to the perspective. I don't really mind any of those appearance mods, but I fail to see a difference. One would be as bad as the other, no?

Last edited by nighthawk355x; 11-15-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

maybe get a 405hp badge or something...
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Resident

I like the LS666 style badge but idk about the "Z06 Powered"

Maybe do the WS666 Badge and under put 405HP LS6 under. Just an idea, but again its YOUR car, do what YOU want who gives a **** what other people say, they didn't pay for it. or maybe W06 lol
Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nighthawk355x
Rice ticket for ONE little badge?! CHRIST! ****-much? LOL! Not like I'm putting 22"s and yellow stripes on it with an erector set to match!

WTF does that have to do with goth, just cuz it says 666?? This isn't high school. It's just a funny play on the emblem, nothing more. It's not like I'm nicknaming the car "Satan" or some dumb crap. ...anything can look stupid when you over-analyze the hell out of it.

And not to be mean but you have a "4**hp" badge a and "5.7" badge on your car that looks like it's off a GTO, and a GLOSS berger panel on a non-berger car. Is that any different from my badge?? Maybe we should both get tickets if you want to get technical. Seriously, no offense intended. Your car's pretty damn nice, but it's just that the similarity is undeniable.

Trust me, if you see the car, badge or no badge, you wouldn't put sh*t on it but some drool.

I just want something small to make it almost look almost like it was some weird factory option or some tuner option, almost like a Lingenfelter package or something...just to f*ck with peoples' heads. I'm not going to put stickers and badges all over the car. I fact, aside from that 1 badge I didn't want ANYTHING on the car, no Trans Am badges, no ram air stickers, no bird on the center of the tail light bar, NOTHING. Just 1 small hint, easy enough to overlook, but helpful enough to make some avoid embarassment.
5.7 emblem is completely different... i don't even see how you could compare the two. MY CAR HAS A CAMARO SS ENGINE BUT AM I PUTTING SS EMBLEMS ON THE CAR?

Think about that, i have a lt1 z28. Which is pretty much the same thing as the lt1 out of a 92-96 corvette, if you saw corvette emblems on my car you would laugh.

My car is the exact same thing as a SS camaro, same engine, same wheels, same body minus the hood and spoiler. If you saw ss emblems on my car you would laugh.

Same concept.

Last edited by Critt3r; 11-15-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Critt3r
5.7 emblem is completely different... i don't even see how you could compare the two. MY CAR HAS A CAMARO SS ENGINE BUT AM I PUTTING SS EMBLEMS ON THE CAR?

Think about that, i have a lt1 z28. Which is pretty much the same thing as the lt1 out of a 92-96 corvette, if you saw corvette emblems on my car you would laugh.

My car is the exact same thing as a SS camaro, same engine, same wheels, same body minus the hood and spoiler. If you saw ss emblems on my car you would laugh.

Same concept.
Ok, fine, I still say the GTO 5.7 badge is tacky as hell at best but what about the faux berger panel, in GLOSS no less. Is your car a Berger, NO. Did they even make a Berger car in an LT1? Um...no. So, ghey? You still get a rice ticket. THAT, is almost the EXACT same thing.

The Berger panel is almost pulled off by a lot of cars, but even on them it screams "I got hit and couldn't afford to re-paint the whole thing."
Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
I like the LS666 style badge but idk about the "Z06 Powered"

Maybe do the WS666 Badge and under put 405HP LS6 under. Just an idea, but again its YOUR car, do what YOU want who gives a **** what other people say, they didn't pay for it. or maybe W06 lol
I'd love to do that! That's what I wanted. but Jaison won't reproduce it because he wants to have the only one. Sucks ***, but I guess I can't fault him too much. It's nice having something unique.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

As long as it doesn't say Z06, then you are fine. I have z06 style badges but say Z28:

Quick Reply: Z06 swapped T/A: to badge or not to badge?