Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Suspension or Rearend???Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension or Rearend???Need Help!!

I am about to drop my motor to do a H/C swap. I was wondering if i should work on ym suspension or my rearend first? Should i get the 9" rearend or do my suspension first? My suspension setup will include Koni 4/4 shocks, strano springs, strano sway bar, panhard pard, and strut lower brace.
I have the money to do one of the two things, just not sure which one.
My mods will be PRC 2.5 5.3l Heads and Ms3, fast 90/90 setup, Kooks headers, UD Pulley for now. Thats about all the big parts. This car will not see much tracks, just street mostly. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Personally I would do suspension AND rear end before beefing the engine, but if you're only going to do one or the other I'd say rear end. rear ends can get messed up just with stock power. suspension will still work, just won't be optimal.

-sectari
Old 11-16-2007, 04:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sectari
Personally I would do suspension AND rear end before beefing the engine, but if you're only going to do one or the other I'd say rear end. rear ends can get messed up just with stock power. suspension will still work, just won't be optimal.

-sectari
This list may help you out.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=540
I'd do subframe connectors first, rear-end second. If the rear goes, the car is down until you get it fixed. Plus, tow rides can be expensive. Bob
Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

ttt...