Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

VFN SS hood scoop opening?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question VFN SS hood scoop opening?

I'm thinking about getting myself a VFN 3inch SS hood. I cant decide whether to have the hole cut out in the scoop or not. I want it to look as functional and stock as possible. I'd like to put my factory grille in the hood but am worried about rain getting through it. Is there a way to do this without the rain getting through or should i not worry about the water getting through? The pictures on there site show the opening of the scoop black but i cant tell if they have the factory grille in it or not. Thanks for the help
Old 11-16-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EarlSS
I'm thinking about getting myself a VFN 3inch SS hood. I cant decide whether to have the hole cut out in the scoop or not. I want it to look as functional and stock as possible. I'd like to put my factory grille in the hood but am worried about rain getting through it. Is there a way to do this without the rain getting through or should i not worry about the water getting through? The pictures on there site show the opening of the scoop black but i cant tell if they have the factory grille in it or not. Thanks for the help
If you get a VFN SS hood, it will come with all of the necessary holes in it to hook it up to the stock ram air box. I'm fairly positive it comes with a stock grill also.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Re:

The hood will come with the screen grille for it. It's alittle bit taller then the stock ss hood grilles since it's a 3" hood. They will open that hole for you upon request. I have that hood on my 94 z28 - Never had problems with it in the rain - Tell them your a ls1 tech member and you will get a nice discount or catch a vfn gp to save some money
Old 11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks i didn't know it came with the grille.

Quick Reply: VFN SS hood scoop opening?