houston and surounding areas look inside please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up houston and surounding areas look inside please...

Im in need for some fuel injectors for my 1996 chevy dually it has a 454 in it.
I just got done putting a new motor in it but used the stock injectors and well they have 290,000 miles on them so ya they are not doing the job if you know where i can get some or if anyone has some used low mile injectors laying around i will gladly take them off your hands....

thanks for looking at the thread and i hope to get some soon,

ZEKE
Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The stock 7.4 injectors are crap. I put brand new gm ones in it and they lasted about 4k miles and was back at it. They gave me one set under warranty and they lasted 6k and was back at it again. They denied warranty this time and said it was a problem with the truck even after I put in a new gm fuel pump, replaced the lines,tank and injectors. There was nothing visible in the system but I did it to make double damm sure. I had nothing but trouble with mine. It had long crank times and tons of black smoke on startup. I finally gave up and then I swapped to a set of orange top ford injectors for a 5.4 and it has been perfect ever since. The stock big block injectors are 19lb/hr injectors. The orange tops are a perfect replacement and the connectors are the same and everything. But, the fuel rail is made of plastic and the injectors use a metal retaining clip that must be there to keep from blowing the injectors out when they pressure up. So plan on replacing the fuel rail because the tabs on the rail that hold the metal retaining tabs will break off when you take off the retaining clips to change the injectors.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are the same damn issues im having