Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Red fogs..

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red fogs..

So after seeing them on another TA, I got the idea of possibly replacing my fog lights with red bulbs, i kind of like the idea but i also think it might look tacky so i just wanted to get some opinions on whether or not it would look good..
Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

That would be Ricetastic .... bad idea only ricers have something that does no good
Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah...No offense, but that would prolly be a little ricey.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not only ricey.. Its really illegal. You would never be able to run with them..
Old 11-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Teching In

the "R" word gets thrown around way too much. If it actually makes the car look better than it is an appearance mod, not rice. Not trying to be an a** but what makes his red fogs idea rice and not your red halos? (I actually like the halos, just saying) and aren't those illegal as well? Bottom line, if you think it looks good do it. I'd personally like to see pics
Old 11-16-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by f-tothe-ill
the "R" word gets thrown around way too much. If it actually makes the car look better than it is an appearance mod, not rice. Not trying to be an a** but what makes his red fogs idea rice and not your red halos? (I actually like the halos, just saying) and aren't those illegal as well? Bottom line, if you think it looks good do it. I'd personally like to see pics
I didnt say they wernt illegal. And I knew someone was going to say something about my halos.. But running with red fog lights is gonna be noticed way before my halos EVER do since I have HIDs and you cant see the halo when the lights are on.. Plus red halos and red fog lights are totally different. And its rice when there isn't a purpose for making your fog lights red. The output on the visibility is going to be horrible..
Old 11-16-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

They (seller on ebay) make the yellow covers and blue ones for the 30th t/a, YES, their illegal too, but they look kelw on a 30th...IMHO
Old 11-17-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it's rice. I had the set of blue halo fog lights on my car for a long time. I liked how they looked with the lights off and just the halo on so I drove around like that. After a while I determined that it was probably a better idea to just go with the normal fog lights, but the blue halos looked awesome in pictures . I think the term rice does get used to much around here.

I know this is off topic but here is the definition of the word ricer/rice as found on wikipedia:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Rice burner, a pejorative used initially to describe Asian-made — specifically Japanese-made — motorcycles and automobiles. Many variations have also been used, such as rice rocket for Japanese sport bikes. More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix rice, has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities.
So as you can see adding blue,red,yellow or any color fog light does not make his car appear to be high performance at all, but it reflects his personal tastes in styling his car. Personal taste does not = rice.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

And if you read on...

Lighting

* Decorative neon and LED lighting in addition to the regular head/tail lamps and brake/turn signals, such as lighted windshield washer nozzles and tire valve caps, underbody neon lighting ("hover lights")
* "Altezza"-style lights or "Altezzas" (equally popular and known as "Lexus" lights in Europe), which have the colored light sources and reflective bodies contained within chrome housings and clear lenses
* HID headlamps with high kelvin color temperature, causing excessive glare.[1]
I think the red fogs fall into this..
Old 11-17-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by The Black Pearl
And if you read on...

I think the red fogs fall into this..
So do red halo's...
Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Launching!

you know you guys are quoting wikipedia as fact? all that crap is an opinion, just as good as yours on mine....
Old 11-17-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
So do red halo's...

Ok.. Because the red halos are used for driving and safety measures.. Yep I put those red halos on there so I could see in the snow.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i bought yellow foglight bulbs for my formula off of ebay and they are definetly brighter than the silver stars that i had to replace every 6 months because they would keep blowing bulbs. yellow is legal and so is a light shade of blue but its asking for trouble. lexus is300 comes with yellow foglights and so do a couple other cars

go with yellow
Old 11-17-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by The Black Pearl
Ok.. Because the red halos are used for driving and safety measures.. Yep I put those red halos on there so I could see in the snow.
Haha, relax man! Just messing with you! You did it because it looks cool. Same reason as the OP.

Quick Reply: Red fogs..