Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2001 z28 engine problem turning over

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 z28 engine problem turning over

About a week ago my car had a problem starting up when i first turned key but then i turned it again and it started. The starter just did not turn over, car would rumble just not start. Problem got worse, i took it in and they diagnosed it as a dying fuel pump, charged me an arm and a leg for a new pump and for labor (dropping tank). I sucked it up paid for it since i work and go to school full time and dont have time to sit around with my car in the shop as i use it daily. The car started fine around 7 times, then tonight (the next day) it stoped started again, this time it was worse i turned the ignition for around 10 mins before it started and drove it straight to the repair shop and parked it there.

I want to know if anyone has any ideas of what else could be going on, the mechanics said that there was no pressure in the fuel lines and that is why they went for the fuel pump. ( they did other tests because they had to make sure). I want to try to have a little bit more ammunition when i confront them about what could be wrong this time around since last time =).
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, mechanic just forgot to clean the contacts when they put the new fuel pump in so they got to spend all day dropping the tank round 2 to fix it lol.

Quick Reply: 2001 z28 engine problem turning over