Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73 Camaro swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 73 Camaro swap

This wouldn't be the normal LS1 swap. I want to take a donor 98-02 F bod and swap drivetrain, interior i.e. dash, seats, center console, as much stuff as I can. Would even like to get the delay wiper swapped over.

Is there a way to get the ABS to work with on the old car? The rearend would be easy, but how about sensors on the front? I will probably use the entire wire harness from the donor. I plan on using a Martz front subframe. That way the subframe will already be set up for a LSX motor.

Any info on any part of the swap is appreciated.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Restricted User

Check out my pics.
Dale
More pics
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35790
Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 76LS1BIRD
I have read about your car, that is nice. If my floors were rusty I would go that route but I want to stick with a subframe. I do want to keep all the new technology functional though.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prior to selling my car I had looked into the ABS thing. The hardest part was getting a front reluctor wheel that would work with the 4th gen ABS computer.I had looked into using a C4 spindle or B-Body spindle. I dont remember if these have the same # of teeth. If I was still to do it I would probably have a ring machined. The electrical should not be too bad. Im not sure if the ABS module needs any signals from the body module.