Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

idiot installers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default idiot installers???

so about six months ago i had my tras rebuilt under warrnty and had them install a ram powergrip hd and well long story short they miss shim the clutch and it slip for the first week of driving, so after the week i pull the trans shimed corretly did not touch the clutch work fine untill i put slicks(week or two ago) on the car, so i burnd it up which i figared would happend since it slipped a LOT when it was miss shimed

so today i pulled it a part serfaced the fly and intstalled a ram 6000 disk vs old 900 disc and reused the same pressure plate

so my queston is before the clutch had pretty firm pedle but with new disk and me instaling the clutch the pedle feels like stock, clutch grips great, but i find this to be strange
could the installers did something wrong to make it firm pedle or could have i to make it like stock?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i been think about it and even though i never open the hydrulics im going to try to bleed the clutch tommorw and maybe it will become firm again and if not im clueless, but the clutch is workin perfect so im not going to worry to much