Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker and amp for d/d stealthbox

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default speaker and amp for d/d stealthbox

ive already got 4 gauge and i had a alpine 35 watt 4 channel bridged to 75 watts pushing my pioneer impp 400 watt speaker...well i think the speaker blew i switched cahnnels and still the same the speaker plays still but doesnt get very loud and you can smell it burning...so i need a new one and wanna get rid of the amp also...

any reccomendations?
my friend told me to get a bigger amp than my speaker, bc i think my amp blew this speaker bc when i turned it up it distorted the signal and over pushed my speaker...

just want something small...decent bass around 3-500 watts

i already have some infinity door speaker with tweeders built in...thnking about getting some mid tone speaker for the sail panels also...any reccomendations? and iis it bad to be pushing the door and sail panel speakers by the head unit?

my headunit is a pioneer 550mp? i think
Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent to you!!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

either get a 2 channel amp or a mono amp to power a sub, dont use a 4 channel. I have a rockford fosgate p5002 amp powering a 10" fosgate punch he2 and it sounds awesome. You also have to be careful how you wire it because you can cause clipping with the wrong wiring which will blow your speaker.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your looking for an all in one type of set up I have some really nice 5-channel amps that run front, rear and sub all in one amp. Makes installation easier as well.