Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help With Carpet Install Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Carpet Install Please!!

I am planning on replacing my original carpet with a clean new carpet and I need some help. I really would like a trimmed and pre molded carpet if I can find one. I called the GM dealership near me and he said it was $566 for a black carpet to fit my car. The price seems way higher than any of you guys have had to pay. But I also see that many people get the carpet aftermarket which i would like to stay away from because i just trust OEM. I would really like to hear success stories with prices and source. Also if anyone can give me good sites for GM OEM parts other than gmpartsdirect.com, they didnt seem to have the carpet. I have also heard alot of bad stuff about the yearone carpet and other aftermarket carpets with the sound dampening/overall quality. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

"""""""OH YEAH AND ANY BLACK LEATHER SEATS FRONT AND REAR I AM MORE THAN INTERESTED IN!!!!************
Old 11-21-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want new OEM prepare to pay good $$$. You can try looking on ebay or finding a nice used one here. Does yours have holes or tears in it or just dirty? If just dirty remove it and try cleaning it with a carpet steamer.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say hit up the salvage yards for a low mileage car and get the carpet out of it. If you go with new stuff make sure you do it on a warm day and let the carpet get warm in the sunlight. Also if you do go with new make small cuts when trimming to fit, better to have to cut more then having a gap somewhere.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Ttt
Ttt