I just got two tickets in the SS, need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I just got two tickets in the SS, need advice.

I got two tickets today
1. Operating a vehicle with out license plate or registration (I dont have a front plate).
2. Muffler Violation

When I asked the cop what a muffler violation was, he said my exhaust was illegal. I have long-tube headers,cats, and gmmg exhaust (all legal products). I said no sir you are wrong my exhaust is legal in Texas and it passes emmisions. He said that doesnt matter because it is too loud. He then told me that it is up to his discrepancy (sp?) if an exhaust is too loud or not. I asked him if he had a deciple (sp?) meter on when he heard my car go by. He said nope and it doesnt matter. I asked him how he is going to fight that in court when it is going by his personal opinion of a cars loudness, it makes no sense at all. Oh and by the way this cop was the biggest a-hole I have ever met in the world. Anyways, what do yall think about this? Have yall ever heard of a muffler violation?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds pretty . Ya, i've heard of the noise violation but typically if you take a video of the car driving around or a few revs plus prove the items on the car are legal, the DA will drop that. I got a ticket once for no front license plate...so I put it on, took a picture and showed it to the DA and he dropped the charges.

Maybe you'll get as lucky...maybe not.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

what a dick. That cop probably drives an Accord.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Sounds pretty . Ya, i've heard of the noise violation but typically if you take a video of the car driving around or a few revs plus prove the items on the car are legal, the DA will drop that. I got a ticket once for no front license plate...so I put it on, took a picture and showed it to the DA and he dropped the charges.

Maybe you'll get as lucky...maybe not.
Yeah a noise violation sounds reasonable. I did some research and a muffler violation is given when a car does not have a muffler on it. Well I do have a muffler on mine so that makes absolutely no sense at all. Thats is a good idea about the LP, im going to try that. My front LP was sitting in the back seat when I got pulled over and I grabbed it and told him that I planned on putting it back on but I just got home from being out of town and forgot about it. He looked at me like I was an idiot and kept trying to explain the bogus muffler violation he gave me.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
what a dick. That cop probably drives an Accord.
I bet its more like a Geo metro. When he was explaining the violation to me he looked back at his cop car and said,"My car is on right now idling and you can't hear it at all, thats how a car should be." I said sir,"your cop car is a basically stock v6 impala, there is a huge difference b/w my performance car and your cop car". I told him that every part on my car was street legal and I would be glad to show him my cats and my full exhaust. He started to get extremely frustrated and told me to sign the ticket and see him in court.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

What a dick, take a picture of the front end with the LP on it, and a picture of the muffler and cats. Take it to court and get them all dropped....
Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wild thing
I bet its more like a Geo metro. When he was explaining the violation to me he looked back at his cop car and said,"My car is on right now idling and you can't hear it at all, thats how a car should be." I said sir,"your cop car is a basically stock v6 impala, there is a huge difference b/w my performance car and your cop car". I told him that every part on my car was street legal and I would be glad to show him my cats and my full exhaust. He started to get extremely frustrated and told me to sign the ticket and see him in court.
Wow. You definitely were asking for trouble when you threw in the "Your car is a stock V6 and mine is a PERFORMANCE car."

We all know that cops have fragile egos. I'm surprised you didn't get tased for that one.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
Wow. You definitely were asking for trouble when you threw in the "Your car is a stock V6 and mine is a PERFORMANCE car."

We all know that cops have fragile egos. I'm surprised you didn't get tased for that one.
I wasn't trying to be rude about it, its just the truth. Why would he tase me for saying I have a performance car? Did I miss some sarcasm or something?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

The muffler violation, can and probably will be dropped because you do have mufflers on your vehicle. As for the license plate, just put one on and take a pic of it and show the judge.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Fight this, big guy. Don't let the man stick it to you.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Wanna know something funny i just found out?

I was talking to my dad who works for ICE and asking him about some of the ticket myths ive heard lately. I did find one thing funny he said. Court dates are overtime for the officer. He works his 40 hours then gets OT for going to court.

So basically, he wants you to go to court so he can buy a new wii for himself for christmas.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

"Whata *******."
Old 11-21-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

my buddy got the same ticket. all he did was take the information showing that his muffler was 50 state legal. just get the information from gmmg showing the exhaust is legal. hopefully this helps and works for ya.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to be a dick but actually your exhaust is illegal if the cats were moved and since you have LTs they proably were but I highly doubt anyone will know that.

Cops sounds like an ***. SHould be able to get it dropped
Old 11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea the front place violation will be gone if you take some double sided tape and stick it on the front long enough to take a pic and show it to the judge. On the muffler violation, he didn't have a decibel meter and if you get the info from GMMG then he has nothing to go on...
Old 11-21-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got the same ticket in college station. my **** was loud as **** though, LT's ORY and LM. i went to the courthouse and talked to some guy and was like "how the hell can you figure out if the car is too loud without using a decibal meter" i fought it but it didnt get dropped, the fine was reduced to $25 but i had to pay a $96 court fee. good luck.

izzy
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a decibel meter and bring the readings to court. If it really is too loud, buy a bullet and put it in the I pipe.

Go take some readings of some of these 500db Harley Davidsons driving around and bring that **** in there.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wild thing
I got two tickets today
1. Operating a vehicle with out license plate or registration (I dont have a front plate).
2. Muffler Violation

When I asked the cop what a muffler violation was, he said my exhaust was illegal. I have long-tube headers,cats, and gmmg exhaust (all legal products). I said no sir you are wrong my exhaust is legal in Texas and it passes emmisions. He said that doesnt matter because it is too loud. He then told me that it is up to his discrepancy (sp?) if an exhaust is too loud or not. I asked him if he had a deciple (sp?) meter on when he heard my car go by. He said nope and it doesnt matter. I asked him how he is going to fight that in court when it is going by his personal opinion of a cars loudness, it makes no sense at all. Oh and by the way this cop was the biggest a-hole I have ever met in the world. Anyways, what do yall think about this? Have yall ever heard of a muffler violation?
Well wild thing, your probably most pissed right now, down in the dumps thinking of how this officer ruined your day. Maybe I can find the joke that someone cheered me up a little bit.
=============================================
A GIFT FROM SANTA...

On Christmas morning a cop on horseback is sitting at a traffic light, and next to him is a kid on his shiny new bike. The cop says to the kid, "Nice bike you got there. Did Santa bring that to you?" The kid replies, "Yeah."

The cop says, "Well, next year tell Santa to put a tail-light on that bike." The cop then proceeds to issue the kid a ticket for the bicycle safety violation.

The kid takes the ticket and before he rides off, he turns back to the cop and says, "By the way, that's a nice horse you got there. Did Santa bring that to you?"

Humoring the kid, the cop says, "Yeah, he sure did."

The kid says, "Well, next year tell Santa to put the dick under the horse rather than on top."
==========================================
A few or many of you probably heard it before, but a little bit here and there helps us through unfortunate events that happen to us daily. Cheers and cheer up forum brother, it could be worse!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

license plate is no longer a fix-it ticket. Bringing a photo of it on your car won't work, I tried it last year at HPD. They just make you pay the fine no matter what now. It was like $75.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

HPD blows.