Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A nice upgrade..

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A nice upgrade..

I dont know much about clutches.. Alls I know from reading on here is that I'm going to need a new slave cylinder, flywheel, and of course the clutch..

I still have one more year to pay for my car and money is tight so the only thing that im looking for is a nice little upgrage to make it till I have the money to get the good stuff..

I was wanting to know what are some good options.. I know for a fact that I dont want a spec of a centerforce I have two seperate buddies and both have tworn these clutches all to hell..

Then again one is a 402 with H&C and the other has Patriot heads and a mild cam in it..

Im pretty much stock just wanting to know what would be a nice affordable upgrage fella's..
Old 11-22-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

LS7 clutch is very good for a near stock/mildly modded car. I love mine. and the thing was only 399 from skoggin dickey
Old 11-24-2007, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Thanks DJ.. Also I forgot that I also read about aluminium flywheels warping and burnning up by the heat also friends had a fadanzia flywheel and when he burnt up this clutch the flywheel was also crap.. So aluminium is out so what are my choices their..
Old 11-25-2007, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Old 11-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

I think the ls7 clutch kit comes with the ls2 flywheel.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by robs98z
I think the ls7 clutch kit comes with the ls2 flywheel.
yep it does. I just put mine in it has like 25 miles now and it grabs great much better than the stock.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

If you're gonna come on here and ask the advice on the members here, do us a favor and don't let your friends who are either a.) Less than lucky or b.) Treat their cars like ****, and blame part failure on the quality of said parts, cloud good judgement.

Do your research before you jump to a conclusion based on a single experience.

On another note, I see your mods in your sig, but do you have any more plans in the near future than we should know about? If not, the LS7 setup should do you just fine...

-Will
Old 11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much more weight is the LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel over the stock LS1 parts?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Ok I really dont understand why people get on here, read in plain english what is said and then bash on the question that was asked. Tarzan, sorry if I came off wrong by saying I have friends that have tworn up centerforce and spec clutches I know that they are good brands.. But like I said.. they have head and cam packages on their cars I dont.. So Im not totally opposed to the idea.. I was just stating that with their mods they twore thier clutches all to hell... So personal experiance tells me that they can be shreaded.. easily.. I hate to install some affordable upgrades in the next year lets say headers, TB, and a pulley and rip my clutch out over a little hp..

Like I said before, I have a year.. before its paid off, no major stuff till I get the car payed for.. So future mods for the next year will be basic bolt ons, ya know, just casual stuff.

Thanks for the info on the LS7 clutch and flywheel, guys..

Any additional information on Any upgrade to reword myself will be great.. if you want give personal experiances with your on clutches as well guys..
Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Old 11-28-2007, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

How often does the car see track time and/or sticky tires (if ever)?....If the answer to this is lill to none, I'll have to say the LS7 is your best bet. I know its holding my good friend's mild 408. If you see a lil more track time than the average driver, I might suggest a Spec Stage 2.

-Will