Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel side of swap

Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel side of swap

I have a 97 that I am thinking about puttin in an LS1, I have the motor/trans/harness and was going to use the stock LT1 tank/pump with the vette filter/reg set up but then thought that going to the LS1 tank/pump would be better but now I just am not sure.

I got the LS1 tank but no filler neck (how much are those??) and if I dont get ripped on ebay i have a fuel pump assembly with a 255 walbro installed so I have options.

If I was to go with the LS1 tank set up what lines do I need to run? I thought it would be just the line from pump to filter to engine bay but then I read where I had to run some line back to the pump from the filter for the return, this should not be that complicated.

BTW-this will be a drag car so functionality is all I am looking for, I just need ti to feed the motor fuel.

Thanks,SH
Old 11-24-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a stock f-body with an ls1 has a returnless fuel system, its regulated by the pump assembly in the tank. If you pick up a modified pump, with the walbro, then it may not self regulate anymore. Thats what you need to find out, if that modified pump still has the regulator in place.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1) If you still have both the feed and return line running all the way from tank to engine, you can use the 97' Vette fuel rail, it has a feed and return line with the regulator built into the fuel rail.

2) Or you can run a bypass requlator up front with the later 1 line fuel rails. (or a 99' Vette filter/reg).

3) If you use the F-Body LS1 tank which has the pump and regulator in the tank/sender unit. Then just need one 3/8" feed line, You should be able to just use what you already have from the LT1 line.

Last edited by bczee; 11-27-2007 at 06:36 PM.

Search this Thread