View Full Version : Question for everybody

67camarors
11-25-2007, 12:46 AM
So im looking into getting a new torque converter over this winter. Bt i have no idea which i should get. Its my daily driver but when the weather is good i go to the track almost every other weekend. my question is which brand and what stall speed????? thanks!!!

my car is all stock and i will be having the tranny rebuilt at the same time as the stall.

code4
11-25-2007, 02:40 AM
I went with a PI Vigilante on my T400. I have beat the hell out of it with no problems yet. Others have said good things about fuddle. I would call one of them.

http://www.fuddleracing.com/
http://www.converter.com/

howierd42
11-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I have a Yank 3200 on my daily driver. It didn't drop my fuel efficiency too much and provides great lock up for racing situations.

crazylane
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I have a yank as Well. I love it. Hits really hard, and has had no problems with the converter itself yet... But as far as tranny thats a different situation.

Lane

67camarors
11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
cool thanks for the info. as far as the tranny goes...what can be done to beef it up? i race alot so i think its time to be rebuilt. what kind of things can be done?

DrEvyl
11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I have a Yank 3200 on my daily driver. It didn't drop my fuel efficiency too much and provides great lock up for racing situations.

I have the same converter in my Formula, and I love the hell out of it. No change in gas mileage, and it gained me half a second on the track, too.

craz28
11-28-2007, 01:03 PM
if you get a stall the pretty much mandatory thing you need to put on ur tranny is a tranny cooler. Doesn't really beef it up but protects your trans from over heating. Personally I got a tci 3600 stall and daily drive my car. Works like a charm.

67camarors
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
cool thanks everybody. does anybody else have any improvement numbers after the stall installation? i've heard to expect .5-.7 off et

DrEvyl
11-28-2007, 01:33 PM
cool thanks everybody. does anybody else have any improvement numbers after the stall installation? i've heard to expect .5-.7 off et

Like I said in my post, I gained .5 off my best time.

crazylane
11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I never ran my car at the track without the stall. So I have no times. lol. As far as tranny, it all depends on how much you beat on it. There are alot of people to get a tranny from. I just recently bought a Performbuilt level 2, Its not in yet, so I will let you know how that works out. But also Speed Secrets can build you a custom tranny, and they are local. Good reveiws with them as well.

Lane

Rokko
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
I almost dropped a full second with the addition of headers and a stall converter.

I bought a vigilante 3200. But it stalls to almost 3600. I wouldn't think twice about doing it again and wished I'd done it sooner. I have no doubts I could run close to a 12 flat if the weather conditions were good.

67camarors
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
how about a shift kit??? are they needed? and do they add control to the driver like they say?

LSxChevelle
12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Ellis would be the one for beefing up the tranny...

99LSS1
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
how about a shift kit??? are they needed? and do they add control to the driver like they say?

I would have Ellis beef up your Tranny. He will also do a Speed Secrets shift kit for you. If you plan on running it at the track frequently it would be good to have it gone through. Hopefully I will have mine out in the next few weeks to have him go through mine.

DrEvyl
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I almost dropped a full second with the addition of headers and a stall converter.

I bought a vigilante 3200. But it stalls to almost 3600. I wouldn't think twice about doing it again and wished I'd done it sooner. I have no doubts I could run close to a 12 flat if the weather conditions were good.

I did drop a full second from it, also... started at 13.69 and now I'm at 12.68.

67camarors
12-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I would have Ellis beef up your Tranny. He will also do a Speed Secrets shift kit for you. If you plan on running it at the track frequently it would be good to have it gone through. Hopefully I will have mine out in the next few weeks to have him go through mine.

any idea of what the price is going to be?