Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Block Hugger Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block Hugger Headers

Wanting Some Feedback On Block Hugger Headers From Edelbrock. I Have Not Spoken With Anyone Whom Has Installed A Set. My Car Is Lowered And I Do Not Have The Ground Clearance For Long Tubes And My Cat-back System Is Stainless So I Do Not Want To Start Cutting The Pipes And Void The Lifetime Warranty. Also Does Anyone Make A Direct Replacement High Flow Cat That Uses The Ball & Socket Style Flange That Will Bolt Right In Place Of The Stock Cats?
Old 11-25-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

all i can say and this may not help you but there are tons of headers that wont give you a problem being lowered and any cats can have a flange welded on at a machine shop.. if i remember correctly the stock cats are about 8in long but if thats all your doing you wont be cutting into the catback anyway. Im guessing you welded the catback to the y-pipe..?
call the manufacturer, i doubt theyll void a warranty for that since you most likely didnt have it installed by them anyway.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Teching In

The System I Am Using Is A Bassani True Dual Stainless System. There Is No Y Pipe. The System Uses A Ball & Socket Flange That Connects Directly To The Factory Catand Uses An X Crossover Pipe. I Know I Could Purchase A Set Of Flanges And Weld Them Myself But I Fiqured With The Popularity Of These F-bodies Someone Would Be Making A High Flow Set Of Cats That Simply Replace The Factory Cats...random Tech, Bassani, Tsp....or Someone But Have Not Found Any Yet. I Did Speak With A Tech @ Bassani And He Said The Warranty Would Be Void If The Pipes Were Cut Or Modified.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Teching In

To See The System Check Out Ls1sounds.com And Go To The Pics Tab And Look Under Bassani True Dual Prototype.