Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

help my camaro is goin crazy

Old 11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help my camaro is goin crazy

i have a 35th anniversary z28 thats modded such as cam, heads, blueprinted transmision... and the other day as i was driving all of my gears jus seemed to not work at all... i parked it turned it off and about 10 mins later i started it again and all the gears worked again...? but thats not all... after that happens when you drive the car for about 5 mins the engine starts totally goin out of sequence like the rpm's jus drop like crazy when im in the throttle... i jus sent it to a speed shop not too long ago to see what the problem was and they said it was a clogged fuel filter... they replaced it then it seemed to work fine for a week until i went and raced it then it started doin the same thing again... i think its a computer problem but im no expert on technical issues so give me your opinion please!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is setting any codes?

Bill
Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Teching In

i think we have this one figured out! check this out.... my keyhole is kinda messed up and its been that way for awhile.... so when one turns the key over right before the initial start up it cuts off all power to other things such as ur a/c compressor ect. well thats bec it hits a ground and if the ignition is jacked up and loose then it could be grabbing that ground which accounts for the off and on issue... but also it could be sending mixed signals to the transmision as well so indeed its not a mechanical issue as much as an electrical issue starting with the damn key hole! so im bringing it in to extreme horspower (north richland hills TX) tomorrow and theyll change out the defective ignition......
Old 11-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Teching In

so acctually im gonna get a whole new comp. and ignition... so that should solve the problem and yeah it was sending basically every signal it can.... like ses, abs, oil, and others that i have never even seen before... so thats what also forced me to belive that it was a pcm problem
Old 11-26-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you found the problem. Let us know the results.

Bill
Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Teching In

sure ill get back at ya
Old 11-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Teching In

so far the only thing that they've found that went wrong is the 02 sensors are not working anymore... but theres still that trans problem that they are looking further into... luckly its still under warranty

Search this Thread