PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF table edit with Predator?

Old 06-22-2003, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF table edit with Predator?

I ported my MAF sensor about an year ago , left the screen, but removed the center pieces on both ends, anyway, car runs good, and I' m satisfied with the track results. However I have a question now. - in the heat and on 91 gas here in AZ at 3000' I can hear this sound like very-very small marbles or sand being shaken inside a metal can. I assume that's the sound of detonation (though not 100% sure). I didn't hear it last year or in the winter. Couple times when I run at the track in heat SES light would come on and then it would go away. So I'm thinking - perhaps LTFT (?) trims should be corrected by slightly adjusting MAF table. I don't have any tuning tools and I'm thinking that the Predator looks very convinient. But can it correct that MAF table? Or is this job reserved for LS1 edit only? If Predator cannot correct maf table - Would it be Ok to correct PE tables (which Predator can do?) and tune so that there is no KR??

I appreciate any responce. I'd like to get a predator, but I'm just afraid that if I buy it, looks like it would be stuck with me forever , since it marries itself to my PCM, and if I have to buy LS1 edit down the road , that would a waist of $420...

...could it also be that I simply need to clean up carbon build-up? ( 67777miles)

Old 06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: MAF table edit with Predator?

anybody? perhaps I didn't make it clear..

1. Can you adjust MAF tables with the Predator
a) in the field ?
b) have it reprogrammed by the dealer ?

2. Can you use PE tables to correct for MAF porting instead?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There isn't a setting on the Predator for the Maf but you can adjust the timing and the fuel with it. You can also call the guys at diablosport and they can do a lot of custom tuning and email it to you.

It also deletes torque management which helps alot.
I think mines been worth every penny so far.

You could also try that GM topend engine cleaner. I hear it works great for clearing out the carbon.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I guess I should just call them.
So has anybody corrected for the ported MAF with PE tables?

Search this Thread