Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB question

Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB question

does anybody know where i can get my TB ported/polished. i have a 98 z28. also would i have to get my car tuned? thanks guys
Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've heard a lot of good things about new era performance. you send it too them and its about 75 bucks if you dont mind waiting for it to be sent back to you. but from what i've heard, they do a great job and get it back to you pretty quickly... thats where i'm getting mine done over christmas break probably

and no, you wouldnt have to get it tuned just for getting your TB ported
Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

ok thanks.. also would i even notice a performance difference or is it just one of those things you do for ever little ounce of power
Old 11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default PORTED TBs

Go under LS1 throttle bodys!Theres like 3 or 4 companys that do them with CNC so as to give the customer that quality insurance LOL!!I read that right off the site LOL!! But after I was brosing I spotted MTIs TB and fell in love !It looks and is descibed like a piece of art! and was wondering if any of you have used or heard anything about this unit ? And accufab has a nice one too! Any help on these 2 would be appreicated guys THANKS BARNAT I just wish NW made a 80 mm,If they did, Ide have it allready own one, LOL!!!! I dont need a 90 mm tb.,TWIN TURBOs for meIm either gonna get a nice aftermarket or a ported epoxed stock!I just like the looks and desciptions of the MTI and ACCUFAB tbs so let me know guys !!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by minizcustoms
ok thanks.. also would i even notice a performance difference or is it just one of those things you do for ever little ounce of power

well i dont have any expierience personally, but from what i've heard, you gain a good bit of throttle response and maybe 5rwhp or so, but mainly a noticible increase of throttle response
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

I read an article in GMHTP where the performed free mods' and gained collectively, one of which included porting the TB.

I've ported and grinded the stop to within an inch of the MIL but can't really tell you I have felt a difference. I supposed if you are looking for every HP it's worth it. Just don't be disappointed when your bum doesn't tell you there's an improvement.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Any of the top TB porters will do you a great job, just take your pick. Ive been sending people to "jeremyf"
Old 11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Teching In

ok thanks for all the input guys

Search this Thread