Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLPheader install..

Old 06-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLPheader install..

well this past weekend me and a friend installed some SLP headers on my 02 Trans Am. I wanted to let some people know who haven't done this yet or are about too some hints. First off, the passenger side is the worst.. ok first the wires going to the starter had to be re routed thru the right motor mount not enough to go under, also i took some of the orange fire resistant covering and put it around the starter wires as well as the wires going down the right side strut tower even though they were already wrapped the header was right up against it and i felt this was not enough i like to be safe...next was the rear transmission mount .. i found it easier to take the brace off and support it with a jack and push it to the left side..make sure to take teh cats off before the manifold and not together it makes it difficult if you are using a jack as i had a heckuva time pulling it out from under the car....well thats my 2 cents worth for now.... but it did sound good running around with open headers just not sure what the neighbors are gonna do at 6:45 in the morning...
Old 06-23-2003, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: SLPheader install..

Rofl, sounded like a NASCAR race in your garage didnt it? Been there... LOL
Old 06-23-2003, 01:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: SLPheader install..

Shoot I remember installing my SLP's it was probably the hardest install I've ever done on any car lol. I used a 2x4 to pry the tranny over while pushing the header up and it was still a very tight squeeze. But once they were up they fit very well i.e. no rubbing or bumping on anything.

Search this Thread