Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polished LS1 TB and MAF ends???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Polished LS1 TB and MAF ends???

Couple questions here. I have been searching for a little while now and haven't really come across and good answers yet. I have been thinking of trying to clean up the look of my engine a little with polished/chromed TB and MAF ends (on the outside, not necessarily porting/polishing the insides). Not really after any great performance gains at this time, but I wouldn't complain. I tried to contact one person who I heard does this, but I haven't received a response yet. Maybe not into it as much from what I understand. The other thoughts I came up with were a 75mm Accufab polished TB and Granatelli aluminum housing. My LS1 is stock so I am concerned with having to tune after this combo. I have read about some problems with the Granatelli pieces, but still wasn't sure how they would be on a stock motor. Don't know either if I want to spend the coin on the TB for just the look. Not sure I want to tackle polishing these pieces myself either. Hope this makes sense about what I am after. Thanks for any advice.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a bench grinder, replace 1 stone with a buff wheel.
I disassembled a stock maf, gave the ends a light sanding and polished them on a buffing wheel with stick compound. Aluminum polishes quite easily. I wasn't concerned with show quality, didn't spend a lot of time/effort on it.

I also opened the inside to 86mm on a lathe.

Last edited by wire2; 11-27-2007 at 09:47 PM.