Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Billingsley 9-inch locker, abs tcs problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Billingsley 9-inch locker, abs tcs problems

I bought a 9 inch from billingsley a while ago. Ever since I installed it, I have had abs and tcs problems. The low trac light comes on and abs inop, tcs off eventually comes on shortly after I start driving. I know about the studs in the axles interfering with the sensor on the backing plate and I have spaced it out as much as possible. I have spaced it so far that I am not sure that it even can register the reluctor ring anymore. It did improve when I spaced it out but the problem still persists. I would rather have my ten bolt and worry about breaking it than deal with this any longer!! Billingsleys recommendation was also to use spacers on the sensors. Seeing that this did not work, are my only options to either deal with the abs inop or ditch the 9 inch altogether? Any advise or help would be more than appreciated... I am pulling my hair out and I can't stand driving my car with the abs freaking out all of the time. Help!?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm not going to get any help on this......
Old 12-30-2007, 10:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

step 1... remove the abs entirely from the car. that will cure it all.

step 2... if step 1 is unacceptable, then get a scanner in the car and find out what is causing the system failure. it could be as easy as a poor connection on a front wheel sensor or any part of the harness. don't necessarily blame the rearend for a problem that may be something else. get it checked out then post back what you find out. you will get more help if we have better info, also.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 35spline moser confuses the TCS at times. I think its because the locker slips in a way that confuses the system. Its rare that I get into the car and dont turn the traction off so no big deal to me. I havent had much trouble with the ABS though. IMO ABS and performance driving sucks *****. Every single GM car I've driven gets a false lock up reading under certain braking conditions while turning or on a slightly bumpy surface. I'd personally rather be able to turn the ABS on with a switch on the shifter **** and have it disabled the rest of the time.

Quick Reply: Billingsley 9-inch locker, abs tcs problems