Tickets!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tickets!

how many speeding tickets can i get before i get my drivers liscense suspended?? im gettin worried here...

the funny part is none of my tickets have been in my trans am...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Good question.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

depends on how much over they were, and other crap... or how long they've gone to warrant
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Texas, 2 or more convictions on your record is grounds for revocation. Now if you can get 10 tickets and have a good enough attorney to keep them off your record it doesnt matter. They type of ticket does not matter. A moving violation is a moving violation. Warrants don't matter either.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Actually, if you let a traffic ticket go to the warrant division for some reason, it does not go on your record. My buddy found this out, he is a truck driver and a moving violation can revoke his CDL. Which has to be true due to me letting a couple go to the warrant division and then paying them off, i got a copy of my driving record and none are on there, they were not even deferred.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Actually, if you let a traffic ticket go to the warrant division for some reason, it does not go on your record. My buddy found this out, he is a truck driver and a moving violation can revoke his CDL. Which has to be true due to me letting a couple go to the warrant division and then paying them off, i got a copy of my driving record and none are on there, they were not even deferred.

Because having a bunch of warrants on your record is a good idea It doesnt go on your driving record, but it does go on a court record that is public information. No, your right... that is better.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

i think if you get 7 moving violations within a 1 year period you will get your license suspended!

i was on probation along time ago for 6 months because i got 6 of them in a 1 year period..they told me 1 more and i will get it suspended..this was back in the days when street racing was good..i would go to center street on wed, rankin/spikewood of friday, westheimer on Sat, and then rankin/holmes roads/spikewood on Sunday just to get some racing!!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

gotten so many tickets, never had my license taken away, but id have to say out of 30 or so tickets, only 1 is prob on my record.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by DSIM
Because having a bunch of warrants on your record is a good idea It doesnt go on your driving record, but it does go on a court record that is public information. No, your right... that is better.
No man, not let them stay warrants, you let them go into a warrant and then pay it. If you let them become warrants and not pay them that would be dumb, you really think i was saying "Run around with a ton of warrants and get your car tpwed then next time you get pulled"?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Teching In

best thing is to not speed..lol..speeding arent to bad..no if you have three convictions of no insurance..your license will be suspended..also find you a lawyer to help with the tickets...also try to get differ adjudication...
Old 11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've got 37 tickets, Just got 38 yesterday in my EXT. Damn Haltom City. Haven't had a ticket in over year either.

High School is when I got most of them. Noon are on my record either. So who knows how many. I go to court next month and I'll ask.

Some of my friends had 50 tickets before they got out of HS.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:04 PM

3 tickets in 4 years here 2 speeding and 1 for no front license plate my second speeding ticket was almost a week ago damn grapevine cops....
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
No man, not let them stay warrants, you let them go into a warrant and then pay it. If you let them become warrants and not pay them that would be dumb, you really think i was saying "Run around with a ton of warrants and get your car tpwed then next time you get pulled"?
I know this. Do you know how the system works? Warrants are very well documented. Once the courts get involved in whatever it is, is now on your record. When you go for another job and they do a background check, they are going to see 2 things.... 1) you get speeding tickets and 2) you dont pay speeding tickets. Just because you pay it off and it *maybe* doesnt go on your driving record, doesnt mean that it totally disappears.

I dont know how in the hell people can get the amount of tickets people claim on this board (20+) and still have a car. You'd have to sell it to pay for the lawyers.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Well, the only thing i have on my record the state had to ask about when they hired me was some crap from highschool, so it clearly isnt bad.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Suspended license isn't what you should be worried about.

you can't drive without liability insurance, and MOST insurance compaines will drop you. Then you'll be fucked if you have an accident!

Then you'll get sued by the other driver if you cause the accident without insurance!

:off soap box:
Old 11-30-2007, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Splitz
Suspended license isn't what you should be worried about.

you can't drive without liability insurance, and MOST insurance compaines will drop you. Then you'll be fucked if you have an accident!

Then you'll get sued by the other driver if you cause the accident without insurance!

:off soap box:
Unless you go visit one of those super shady $29.99 a month places... they will insure anyone, even with an SR-22. But the best of luck if an accident ever happens... its pretty much like not having insurance.