Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Posstive Battery Harness Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posstive Battery Harness Issue?

Hey guys well my car has been having some problems with the +(positive) Battery harness...? Anyways my car was constantly loosing power either on start up(no power at all) or sometimes while the car was rolling all my electronics go off and sometimes the car completely dies. Well I think It was the 3 wires that connect to the positive on the batt because when the car has no power I would jerk the cable up and down and it would have power again.

So 2 days I go I get off work and my car completely dies in the middle of the road no power whats to ever, I am freakin pist ready to blow it up(lol) so we get it off the road and I looked at the disk that the 3 wires are cramped on and its filthy with battery dust or what ever. So my buddy and I noticed the Big red wire was all puffy so we cut it from the disk to where its normal wire and about 1 inch of the wire was full of that blueish battery dust. so we went to auto zone and bought a temporary single wire connector and screwed it in along with the stock disk and it worked. But today my car had no power after work I had to move the bolt a little to get it started. I think the other wires are mest up as well or the disk is so mest up that I need to get a new one and reconnect all of them.

I checked auto zone to see if they had any but they didn't(wtf), you guys think my whole +wire harness is mest up? Or can I go and get a new disk and trim down the other 2 wires and reconnect all 3 of them to a new disk, you guys think that will work?