Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMMIT. (Caveat emptor...)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red face DAMMIT. (Caveat emptor...)

OK, just received my order from SDPC, & everything looks great. It even arrived here a couple days before I expected it. (Great job Matt!)

The only problem is that my L76 intake appears to have a "drive-by-wire" throttle body on it, which I wasn't expecting. (I'll accept it as my bad, since I should have thought everything through before ordering - SDPC sent me exactly what I asked for.) How much extra cost/effort will be involved with using the "drive-by-wire" setup??

I already know that I'll need the Vette (or similar) gas pedal setup, I'm just curious if that's the only thing I'll need, & how much extra this is going to cost me.

Also - I've planned on using the F-body ECM, since I can use the PWM signal to retain VATS functionality. It's still possible to use that PWM signal with a Y-body ECM program, correct??

Sorry if these are excessively "n00b" questions, I guess I'm still at the steep part of the learning curve...

Thanks guys.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The drive by wire setup basicly requires you just have the corvette pedal assembly and a dbw throttle body. However there are options out there if you would like to sell the dbw throttle body and get a cable one that fits the L76 intake.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like mentioned above, sell the DBW TB and get a cable one. However, you also need a bracket to hold the throttle cable. There are some up for sale or you could fab one up.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, that's probably what I'll do. I think I'll see if there's any way to exchange it first though, that seems like the "cleanest" way to handle it.
In my defense however, I looked again, & the description* for this package (PN 12590123) doesn't say anything about what type of throttle body comes with it - and in my mind, "fly-by-wire" is still something that happens at Mach 2 & 30,000 feet...

* (From gmpartsdirect.com, SDPC didn't return any results for me for that PN...)

So - anyone wanna buy a 90mm DBW throttle body??

Last edited by V8Rumble; 11-29-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

You may be able to sell the DBW to folks over on corvetteforums.com they have a huge for sale section and most of the c6 guys use DBW.

Oh and I have and oil pan and acc. if your still looking.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

the C5 guy want them for upgrading with the 90mm intakes. C6's should have a 90mm already. (as go ls2 gto's)

Ryan
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since SDPC is a sponsor here, I would PM one of the guys from SDPC and ask if they would take the DBW TB in exchange for the cable one. I have dealt with them before and they were very helpful. Im sure they will be willing to do the same for you.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

I don't believe there is a stock cable throttle body application for the L76 intake so expect to pay a bit more than the cost you can recoup from the sale or return of the dbw throttle body when purchasing the cable one. Just in case you were not aware.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Let me know how that turns out Rumble
Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, 'pist0lpete' hit it right on the head - short answer, it's going to cost me another $350 (+shipping/misc.) to get the cable-driven TB (if I return it to SDPC).

I guess I'll take a look around the Vette forums, just to get an idea what I might be able to sell this one for...

Quick Reply: DAMMIT. (Caveat emptor...)