Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune for the Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tune for the Z28

I want to get a tune for my car, mods in sig. I was going to save up and do a dyno tune, but that is mainly for getting the max out of your car at WOT, I believe. What do I have to do to get a street tune for daily driving?

The car has long tubes, and I believe it really needs a tune.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get a mail order unless you want your car to be all it could be.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

With those mods, you're fine on the stock tune for daily driving. Are you done with the mods? No cam or Heads/Cam? If yes you are done, drive on the stock tune till you can coin up for the dyno tune and be done.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
With those mods, you're fine on the stock tune for daily driving. Are you done with the mods? No cam or Heads/Cam? If yes you are done, drive on the stock tune till you can coin up for the dyno tune and be done.
I agree. Unless you know someone who has an older version of HP tuners for your year of fbody. A part throttle tune takes about 60 to 90 minutes of driving and adjusting. This would get your fuel trims where they need to be and better gas mileage and idling. I got mine because I went to larger MAF and that set off the SES light. I also got a few codes shut off for future upgrades along with CAGS and torque management disabled and it was all done at a great price.

Too many if's so you are fine for now so save the cash and follow SweeTbone's advice.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

If you can find someone in your area that does street tunes, do it! Your driveability will be much improved over stock. Most street tuners will charge anywhere from $200-$400 depending where you live and if they use a wideband to fine tune your part throttle fueling.