Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My new setup concerns

Old 12-01-2007, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new setup concerns

So heres the laundry list of new components I'm planning on putting in this week:

Pioneer DEH-P3900MP
Blaupunkt GTx662 (rear seats)
Blaupunkt GTx402 (hatch area)

The motivation for the change was 1) blown sub in rear seat and 2) Head-unit has been skipping/acting up for some time.

My biggest concern is the sail-panel speakers... The wattage doesn't seem like it will be an issue, but I'm not really sure how the monsoon amp factors into this.

Is there anything I should be worried about with this setup and is there anything I need to do to get past the fact that the factory amp filters the frequency to the speakers?

It seems kind of unnecessary to have an external amp to me...
Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Are you planning on pulling the amp? If not, I don't know how you can get it to work right with it still being hooked up.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the amp. I don't know whats involved in that though. It seems as though the new HU is capable of powering the entire setup without an external amp. I don't really understand how the stock setup works though or what would be involved in bypassing that amp.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

So I think I want to replace the factory monsoon amp so i can install two-ways in the factory sail-panels. Has anybody diagrammed the monsoon system completely (and i mean COMPLETELY) to include all the wires, the amp, the stock HU, etc? Has anyone replaced the factory monsoon amp to be able to run two-ways in the sail-panels?

Last edited by White2kTA; 12-02-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Search this Thread