Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone modify thier own coolant tube instead of getting the later one and plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone modify thier own coolant tube instead of getting the later one and plugs?

I remember reading on here about someone doing it but a search didn't turn anything up. I'd like to see pics of how it was done. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you talking about installing a LS6 intake on a LS1 ?

If so. yes.. I and many have just grinded down the ribs of the under side of the LS6 intake to alow the LS1 coolant tube to fit under the intake. A few others have use two fron tube and connected them with some tubing.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or are you talking about the crossover tube in the throttle body?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm talking about the coolant tube that goes from head to head and then back and to both heads again on top of the valley cover. I thought I read somewhere that the older style tubes could be modified and used by cutting the part that goes to the rear set of tubes and soldering or welding the end together. I am using a FAST 90 and don't desire to modify the intake in any way. I know the newer style tube isn't expensive, but if I can modify mine easily, then I'll go that route.