The stars aligned and LSU is in the National Title game!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The stars aligned and LSU is in the National Title game!!!!

I'm happy. I thought there was no chance after the loss to Arkansas. What a crazy season.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

too bad OSU is gonna get in that ***....stirring the pot.

i wish kansas would have made it.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Launching!

ha ha... well the way we have been playing lately, you never know
Old 12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm betting on the Bucks and no offense but there's no way LSU deserves a third chance at the BCS title this year. They had there chance and I can understand even a 2nd chance but that's pretty messed up that they get a 3rd shot at it. I'm sorry but there's more deserving teams out there as far as records go.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Launching!

True statement if you go on records alone.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I know Georgia is a hot team right now but how can you put them in the National Championship game when they didn't even win their own conference??

This season only goes to prove we need an 8 team playoff. And for those who say we can't get away from the tradition and the $$$ making ability of the bowl games, all you gotta do is make the BCS bowl games the games played in the playoff. Of course, you'd have to add 2 non-BCS bowls into the rotation to make it all fit, but it would be worth it IMO.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

lets go UT oh wait they are out right lol jk!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Benner
I'm betting on the Bucks and no offense but there's no way LSU deserves a third chance at the BCS title this year. They had there chance and I can understand even a 2nd chance but that's pretty messed up that they get a 3rd shot at it. I'm sorry but there's more deserving teams out there as far as records go.
If the BCS went off of records alone then Hawaii would be at the championship game hands down. They are undefeated. People say that who the teams play has a lot to do with rankings. However at the end of the season there is only one team who is undeafeted. Is it their fault that they did not get to play the toughest teams out? No, BCS goes off of a popularity contest and one that is won over rankings. Its all about revenue, not about the pure sport of the game anymore. Would they beat either team that is going to be in the championship, probably not but in my opinion if they have the best record then they deserve a shot at it.

Why not have a playoff type system and go from there to a championship game???
Old 12-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Texas Director

This year there is no clear-cut #1 team this year. It's a crapshoot as to who the best team is out of the top ten. I think LSU is the most overrated team that's in the top ten though. They should have four losses. They are the luckiest team in CFB. On the other hand, Ohio St. is pretty weak, having played a ridiculously easy schedule. IMO the two best teams right now are USC and OU. It has definitely been a crazy year in CFB.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ben R
I know Georgia is a hot team right now but how can you put them in the National Championship game when they didn't even win their own conference??

This season only goes to prove we need an 8 team playoff. And for those who say we can't get away from the tradition and the $$$ making ability of the bowl games, all you gotta do is make the BCS bowl games the games played in the playoff. Of course, you'd have to add 2 non-BCS bowls into the rotation to make it all fit, but it would be worth it IMO.
i think this would work out the best. it would make all the little bowl games worth something. you still have to use the BCS to decide to top 16 teams, but it would remove all doubt about who should be in the title game
Attached Thumbnails The stars aligned and LSU is in the National Title game!!!!-1196153818.jpg  
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
This year there is no clear-cut #1 team this year. It's a crapshoot as to who the best team is out of the top ten. I think LSU is the most overrated team that's in the top ten though. They should have four losses. They are the luckiest team in CFB. On the other hand, Ohio St. is pretty weak, having played a ridiculously easy schedule. IMO the two best teams right now are USC and OU. It has definitely been a crazy year in CFB.
Ohio St. is the State champions of Ohio. they played every little rinky dink school in the state except cincinnati, none of which is or was ranked. their conference is weak, their non conference games were incredibly weak, and that will become very appearent when they get rolled up like a wet news paper by a healthy LSU...of course, that is if they let perriloux play and bench Flynn.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Is it their fault that they did not get to play the toughest teams out??
Yes it is their fault, they played one of the softest schedules in 1-A, they were taken to the wire by sorry *** teams. I do think they have a pretty good team, certainly not elite though. Georgia is gonna get all up in that ***. As long as HUGE $$$ is involved it's gonna be hard to get a playoff, obviuosly it's needed though. I really think the fact that the BCS championship is in NO helped LSU a lot. I think LSU will hand OSU their ***, they just have too many athletes on their team. If it was up to me I would want to see Georgia and USC, I feel like they are the best 2 teams in the country RIGHT NOW.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

You are dead on with that tournament you created kickassT/A. That would really decide a clear cut winner.

In my opinion this tournament would allow teams like BYU, Troy, Hawaii and Central Michigan to get a shot at the NC because of their records, BUT they would really have to prove their clout playing against some of the best teams in the country. The BCS is a joke and it doesn't include some of these teams that should have better bowl games, despite their weak schedules and conferences. I know they wouldn't last a second against the USC's, OU's, and OSU's of the country, but they have earned the right to a chance.

As far as LSU is concerned, I called this among so many friends last year, I knew they would be in the NC. I just didn't think for the life of me they would have the record they currently do and lost to some of the teams that they did. Honestly, I'm glad they are there, but it is a little unfair.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
f it was up to me I would want to see Georgia and USC, I feel like they are the best 2 teams in the country RIGHT NOW.
I agree with this here.

LSU needs to give OSU a full dose of Ryan Perriloux and Trindan Holliday and we could see a blow-out just like last years game. Give OSU a big dose of something they can't handle, a spread option attack with speed. Florida torched them with it last year and LSU should do the same again this year. The only game OSU lost this year was to Illinois, who ran the spread option with Juice Williams. I'll make an early prediction and say LSU by 17.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Texas Director

I agree with those who say LSU will rout OSU. OSU won't be able to handle LSU's speed and athletes. As Ben said, the Buckeyes were exposed by two teams with speedy, spread offenses in Florida and Illinois and LSU will be added to that list on Jan. 7. I think USC, OU, and Georgia all would beat OSU.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Yes it is their fault, they played one of the softest schedules in 1-A, they were taken to the wire by sorry *** teams. I do think they have a pretty good team, certainly not elite though. Georgia is gonna get all up in that ***. As long as HUGE $$$ is involved it's gonna be hard to get a playoff, obviuosly it's needed though. I really think the fact that the BCS championship is in NO helped LSU a lot. I think LSU will hand OSU their ***, they just have too many athletes on their team. If it was up to me I would want to see Georgia and USC, I feel like they are the best 2 teams in the country RIGHT NOW.
Where exactly were they taken to the wire outside of the game they dropped to Illinois?

09/01 YSU W 38-6
09/08 Akron W 20-2
09/15 at Washington W 33-14
09/22 N'western W 58-7
09/29 at Minnesota W 30-7
10/06 at #23 Purdue W 23-7
10/13 Kent St W 48-3
10/20 Mich St W 24-17
10/27 at #25 Penn State W 37-17
11/03 #21 Wisconsin W 38-17
11/10 Illinois L 28-21
11/17 at #21 Michigan W 14-3
01/07 vs #2 LSU 8:00 PM
Won every game except for the Illinois game...
Won every game by 10+ points except against Michigan State...

Their D is a good defense and they played textbook Big 10 style of play all season. Not saying they will beat LSU but don't right them off especially the way this season has been, ANYTHING can happen in ANY game.

LSU has 2 losses against 2 teams that are currently unranked.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Where exactly were they taken to the wire outside of the game they dropped to Illinois?

09/01 YSU W 38-6
09/08 Akron W 20-2
09/15 at Washington W 33-14
09/22 N'western W 58-7
09/29 at Minnesota W 30-7
10/06 at #23 Purdue W 23-7
10/13 Kent St W 48-3
10/20 Mich St W 24-17
10/27 at #25 Penn State W 37-17
11/03 #21 Wisconsin W 38-17
11/10 Illinois L 28-21
11/17 at #21 Michigan W 14-3
01/07 vs #2 LSU 8:00 PM
Won every game except for the Illinois game...
Won every game by 10+ points except against Michigan State...

Their D is a good defense and they played textbook Big 10 style of play all season. Not saying they will beat LSU but don't right them off especially the way this season has been, ANYTHING can happen in ANY game.

I was talking about Hawaii

Grammar Comprehension > You

Since you brought it up, OSU also had a weak schedule, thanks for posting it.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate

Last year I told everybody the Gators would beat the Buckeyes and I got torched for it, but I was right. The SEC is by far the toughest conference in football. The Big 10 is probably the 3rd toughest behind the Big XII, and maybe even 4th behind the Pac-10 this year.

LSU has been pushed to the wire a few times this season, and has been fortunate to win some of the games they did, but they will beat OSU without too much problem.

OSU's only chance is to watch that Arkansas game and figure out how to run the ball like they did. I don't think their QB will be too affective against the LSU defense. They've got a good secondary and lots of experience, especially in big games.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ben R
Last year I told everybody the Gators would beat the Buckeyes and I got torched for it, but I was right. The SEC is by far the toughest conference in football. The Big 10 is probably the 3rd toughest behind the Big XII, and maybe even 4th behind the Pac-10 this year.

LSU has been pushed to the wire a few times this season, and has been fortunate to win some of the games they did, but they will beat OSU without too much problem.

OSU's only chance is to watch that Arkansas game and figure out how to run the ball like they did. I don't think their QB will be too affective against the LSU defense. They've got a good secondary and lots of experience, especially in big games.
We won't know until Jan 7th...I don't have high hopes but after this season...a complete stomping of LSU wouldn't surprise me all that much...and vice versa. This season is anarchy!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you just had a playoff game after the bowl games it wouldnt be a problem. dedicate the week of christmas for 3 bowl games a day at non overlapping times and the sponsors of the bowls will still be happy, then the winners of the bowl games play in a playoff for the national championship