Kingwood area near Houston

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingwood area near Houston

i am moving from Dallas to Houtson and i am working in the Spring area. i am looking to buy a house in the Kingwood area and wanted to know what some people in the area thought about it. i know that there is crime everywhere but i just want to make sure that this will be a good place to live with out a bunch of hassle. let me know what you all think of this area so i have an idea of what i am getting into. thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 08:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Inside Kingwood is nice, as long as you stay on the East side of 59. Further away from the freeway, it gets nicer.

Since you are working in Spring, why not just move to The Woodlands area? Much closer, much nicer, similar priced homes to Kingwood. The Woodlands are just north of Spring, located off of I45. Plus, Kingwood is still Harris county, higher insurance and taxes compared to Montgomery county (Woodlands)
Old 12-03-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lived in kingwood for 20 years..

school traffic from highschool morning and middleschool afternoon suck. Those are my only big complaints. Kingwood does not cater to anyone under 25 IMO either.

There are a lot of highschool/middleschool rebels here that cause problems. Other than that... no crime
Old 12-04-2007, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

thanks for the replies. the cool thing is that i have a free place to stay in Katy untill i make a choice. i will also look in the woodlands area becuase i hear that it is nice to. thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

You will hate that Katy to Spring commute. Figure an hour at least while sitting on the beltway.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
lived in kingwood for 20 years..

school traffic from highschool morning and middleschool afternoon suck. Those are my only big complaints. Kingwood does not cater to anyone under 25 IMO either.

There are a lot of highschool/middleschool rebels here that cause problems. Other than that... no crime
lol You could not be more right on. I grew up in Kwood. Its not bad but like you said once those teen years begin there isnt much to do. I would suggest The Woodlands.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Our old house in Kingwood is for sale (my folks moved out in '99). It's in the projects (South Woodland Hills).

http://www.har.com/6626661

It looks a lot nicer now than when we lived there.

The further back you live in Kingwood, the nicer the houses, but the longer it takes you to get out and get to work.

I wouldn't live in Kingwood again. It'd be an OK area to live if you work close (my dad flew planes out of IAH), but Spring would be too far.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Our old house in Kingwood is for sale (my folks moved out in '99). It's in the projects (South Woodland Hills).
LOL @ projects!

+1 for Kingwood, lived there ~15 years. Im real glad that Im gone now that Im in college, but Im very glad my parents are still there. Its a great place to live, just not in your college years lol.

BTW my dad commutes from Kingwood to The Woodlands and its not that bad.

Looking back on your origional post.. real crime is very low in Kingwood, I wouldnt worry about that. Only downside is neighbors love to bitch about loud cars because they dont have anything more worthwhile to complain about!