Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Holy shizzle!!!!Xenon Rocks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy shizzle!!!!Xenon Rocks!!!!

Just instaled my new Xenon headlights. I got them and instaled just the low beams, and noticed a gigatic improvement in visability, and brightness. Durring the day, like when it is raining, there is little difference, but you notice some. In pitch black, there is a faint blue tint to the light, and they light wider and brighter, not to mention how white they are. After the great experience with the low beams, it was time to step up the high beams. I bought Xenon ultra white lights, which are not street legal, but what the hell, I rarely use the high beams anyway. After instaling the ultra whites, I fliped on the high beams, and DAMN!!!!!!! This is something you have to see to believe!!!!!! These are very noticeable blue no matter what time of day. They light the road literaly for miles and miles and miles!!!!! It seems like there power never ends. Get Xenon Lights in your F-body!!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Holy shizzle!!!!Xenon Rocks!!!!

Are you just talking about new bulbs, or a whole new light assembly. COuld you describe a little more of what you have?
Old 06-24-2003, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Just the bulbs, APC to be exact. They only cost me $25 at discount auto parts, but they aren't cheap or anything like that. Well worth the money!!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

so APC makes them for F-bodies, would I be able to find these at my local autozone...?
Old 06-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my low beam set from Auto Zone, I think they look and "work" 10x better.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15 bucks at Autozone, they burn at 4000k, same as the 80 dollar PIAAs(they blow out rather quick)
Low beam:9006
Highs:9005
APC has some burn out problems too, get a lot of returns with them (I work at an autoparts store)
EDIT: They are street legal, Its just a brighter OEM bulb
Sylvania Silverstars
Old 06-24-2003, 09:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

have to second silverstars, extremly bright on the road not so bad at oncoming traffic, very white little blue and still work killer in rain like most blue bulbs
Old 06-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Launching!

They do blow out quick. I've had a pair for only 5 months and they went out.

check this out
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...p;goto=newpost
Old 06-27-2003, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I dont know why everyone says their PIAA bulbs burn out real easy. Ive had Extreme White Pluses for over a year now in my low and high beam as well as fog lamps and none of them have burnt out. I even have a big whole in my drivers side headlamp that gets water in it every time it rains or I wash my car, thanks to a stray truck tire in the road. Anybody who keeps burning them out must be touching the bulbs when putting them in. How dare you put anything APC makes on a American car, bunch of rice crap.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Anybody who keeps burning them out must be touching the bulbs when putting them in.
Good point. Don't touch the glass part of the bulb. The oil and dirt from your skin will shorten the life of the bulb. This applies to all halogen and hotter bulbs (shop/spot lights, torchiers (sp?), etc).

--VIP1
Old 06-27-2003, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

How do you install these?
Old 06-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Maddboost why are you bashing Camaro SS for putting APC headlights on his car???? This doesn't make him a ricer. Just because APC is synonymous with ricer parts doesn't mean that their parts for American cars are a bad. B&M MAKE BOTH DOMESTIC AND IMPORT SHIFTERS!! Does this make them a "bunch of rice crap"!!!!!

When someone says that they are putting a B&M shifter in their car people don't go and post a stupid reply and call their shifter a "bunch of rice crap" NOW DO THEY!!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

crguy7,

Rice doesn't just mean import. Ever seen a "done up" neon/cavaliar (sp?)/etc? Also, a lot of APC's stuf is low quality. This not to knock the bulbs in question since I have no experience with them.

--VIP1
Old 06-27-2003, 11:49 PM
TECH Veteran

My problem with most aftermarket bulbs is they get that ricer blue hue to them that looks like crap. Its clear this person wishes they had HID lights but cant afford the conversion kits. Its like putting chrome hub caps on your car. Even PIAA has the ricer blue bulbs I just stay away from those.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Here is the deal maddboost. I am not a dumb *** who is willing to spend some $350 on a damn HID kit. So what you fools are saying is that a bulb that lights the road more than 50% better than the stock bulbs are crap. The fact is the bulbs in question are $50 total and the brights light up the road in a light blue tint, so what. Is this crap? Are BMW and Lexus a bunch of losers because they have HID bulbs? You know who the losers are, those who are willing to spend 350 dollars on headlights that do slightly better than a set of $50 bulbs.They are dumb asses at best. I have already compared my bulbs to my friend who has a HID kit, wow, what a big enough difference to want to make me empty my wallet. Oh, and VIP1, think about rice for a minute. Why is that adjective used to describe cars to signify that the car is an all show no go Japanese Import, not a Neon or Sunfire. Then I guess that a lowered BMW 3-series is a ricer too, because rice paties are synonymous with Europe, especially Germany for that matter. You two losers turned this forum into a bash against me, and those of us that are smarter than you, and aren't planing on spending their entire pay check for just a little extra light.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

I have the silverstars and they work great. But when I get the money I for sure want to get a HID conversion for my car. After being in cars that have HID..no light bulb can compare. Its a world of difference.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

I think all points have been made about bulbs and/or HID's, to each his own....congrats CamaroSS on the new bulbs and the post and info, everone take it as you will and lets all play nice.....

post has served it's point.......so we'll lock it.

Quick Reply: Holy shizzle!!!!Xenon Rocks!!!!