Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

please unlock that thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please unlock that thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/824807-susp-bolt-installed-luke-camarojunky74.html .

i will quote from the rules here you go
Some of you might mistake our policy for targetting guys that help eachother out with trying to save a buck. Guys that do installations for beer and pizza, or maybe a couple bucks. We are all car guys/gals here, and LS1TECH does not have a problem with members helping eachother out. If you see someone asking for help, you are more than able to send them a private message and offer assistance. You can even recommend them a shop that you have had good experience with. You can also talk about products that are made by places that do not sponsor LS1TECH. We have always encouraged the spread of information and knowledge here.

in no way did this thread violate any rules,
Old 12-04-2007, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

They locked the thread? Not cool
Old 12-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread should be U N L O C K E D ! ! ! ...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824807 .

Some of you might mistake our policy for targetting guys that help eachother out with trying to save a buck. Guys that do installations for beer and pizza, or maybe a couple bucks. We are all car guys/gals here, and LS1TECH does not have a problem with members helping eachother out. If you see someone asking for help, you are more than able to send them a private message and offer assistance. You can even recommend them a shop that you have had good experience with. You can also talk about products that are made by places that do not sponsor LS1TECH. We have always encouraged the spread of information and knowledge here.

sorry bro but you are wrong, you came across wrong from the get go by posting a thread about Marketing yourself as ASE mechanic, it really no big deal to me, but when i pay my dues here to be a sponsor and people on that thread start knocking shops, and praising a mobile mechanic well that pisses me off a little bit. i have a thing called over head, experience and majority of the time superior work .of course you can charge alot less then me or another shop, you have nearly zero out of pocket expense.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with both of you... So what he is a teenager trying to make a buck? For some of us we cant afford to payh a shop $250 for a header install or $300 for springs.

Ok on the shops defense ya you are stealing business and yadda yadda. They pay on LS1Tech to have there sponsership and you are stealing there business.

I think that you should make urself a sponser and be done with all of this.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:43 AM
12 Second Club

that sucks freaking haters....
Old 12-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Launching!

You are marketing yourself as an ASE mechanic here on this site to work on LSX cars and what you specialize in is Diesel? That is what your profile says.

Biography:
i love camaro's i have a 74 that i got when i was 15 and been wrenchin on it ever since, its pretty fast 14.3 on street tires and i just bought a 99 ss and looking for advice and tips thanks...

automotive technician specializing in diesel repair and tractor equipment, along with small engine repair and everything else that goes with managing a fleet of f 150 trucks f450 f550 18 wheelers and catepiilar stuff.

You also charged him 75 bucks to do the install of his relocation brackets? That is the same amount that he would of payed to take it to a speed shop. It should be .5 to .75 hours for install for billable hours and would take a F-Body shop about 15 min to do them. Not to mention, did you make sure to tighten all of the suspension at ride height so that the bushing in the suspension are not pre sprung? What about re lubing the bushings that are in the lower control arms so they dont squeek and bind?
The people that do this for a living, dont like seeing this stuff happen. We have to fix the stuff that getts messed up from someone trying to do it the cheap and easy way all the time. I speak from first hand experience. Someone did that to a car that I bought and they are getting sued for fraud. Everyone that knows me know about what happened with my car.
If want to help peolpe and give them a hand then that's ok. Stop posting this stuff, you are going to get banned.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=824807 .

This is just my opinion, but I would say the policy encourages PM contact, not a marketing thread.

You probably stepped over the line when you started soliciting your services. If the thread stayed at "hey, look at what a great job camaryjunky74 did..." "what a great help he was" etc., I'm sure it wouldn't have been locked.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
This is just my opinion, but I would say the policy encourages PM contact, not a marketing thread.

You probably stepped over the line when you started soliciting your services. If the thread stayed at "hey, look at what a great job camaryjunky74 did..." "what a great help he was" etc., I'm sure it wouldn't have been locked.
that pretty much what the thread said, that cruissinls1 started... what was wrong with that?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
that pretty much what the thread said, that cruissinls1 started... what was wrong with that?
No, the thread started that way then drifted away from that, and that's probably what got it locked.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Junior High Director

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
sorry bro but you are wrong, you came across wrong from the get go by posting a thread about Marketing yourself as ASE mechanic, it really no big deal to me, but when i pay my dues here to be a sponsor and people on that thread start knocking shops, and praising a mobile mechanic well that pisses me off a little bit. i have a thing called over head, experience and majority of the time superior work .of course you can charge alot less then me or another shop, you have nearly zero out of pocket expense.
Exactly.....

I am not going to unlock the thread...and for the record you have been in other threads soliciting business....
Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
hey man i am genuinely sorry, you have been nothing but help to the i.e with your shop, sorry ryne.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TITAN
Exactly.....

I am not going to unlock the thread...and for the record you have been in other threads soliciting business....
i see i see. your right it did drift off subject and now that i re read it there were violations. sorry
Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by haighter
You are marketing yourself as an ASE mechanic here on this site to work on LSX cars and what you specialize in is Diesel? That is what your profile says.

Biography:
i love camaro's i have a 74 that i got when i was 15 and been wrenchin on it ever since, its pretty fast 14.3 on street tires and i just bought a 99 ss and looking for advice and tips thanks...

automotive technician specializing in diesel repair and tractor equipment, along with small engine repair and everything else that goes with managing a fleet of f 150 trucks f450 f550 18 wheelers and catepiilar stuff.

You also charged him 75 bucks to do the install of his relocation brackets? That is the same amount that he would of payed to take it to a speed shop. It should be .5 to .75 hours for install for billable hours and would take a F-Body shop about 15 min to do them. Not to mention, did you make sure to tighten all of the suspension at ride height so that the bushing in the suspension are not pre sprung? What about re lubing the bushings that are in the lower control arms so they dont squeek and bind?
The people that do this for a living, dont like seeing this stuff happen. We have to fix the stuff that getts messed up from someone trying to do it the cheap and easy way all the time. I speak from first hand experience. Someone did that to a car that I bought and they are getting sued for fraud. Everyone that knows me know about what happened with my car.
If want to help peolpe and give them a hand then that's ok. Stop posting this stuff, you are going to get banned.

yes i made sure all the stuff was tightened with the suspension loaded... i got it chief, no sarcasm.,

i started out working on cars but i make more money working on big truck and medium duty, id rather wrench on f bodys hands down but i gotta pay the bills,

sounds like you got a shop, sorry for interrupting buisness.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

hey man i am genuinely sorry, you have been nothing but help to the i.e with your shop, sorry ryne.
no problem at all, we have met in person seem like a real cool guy, i am just the type that lets people know when they cross certain boundaries thats all. if you still want to make money just keep mostly word of mouth and you will get business.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

yeah thats been working, yeah im glad you said something, dont worry i am still passing out your cards at the track every thurs, quickly running out lol i need to stop by and get some more
Old 12-04-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a similar dilemma a few months back when I acquired a few Volant intakes. I knew I couldn't post them all here because sponsors carry them. So I pm'd a few people and sold the rest on ebay.

And don't worry Luke, I'm sure you've made enough contacts and got the word out.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yeah thats been working, yeah im glad you said something, dont worry i am still passing out your cards at the track every thurs, quickly running out lol i need to stop by and get some more
just swing by i am usually there

Quick Reply: please unlock that thread