Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this manifold too much for a stock cam?

Old 12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this manifold too much for a stock cam?

Im currently building a 82 Z28 with a bone stock bottom end 6.0 LQ4....

Im debating which manifold to go with since im going carb'd...

Is the Victor Jr TOO much for the stock cam? Anybody currently or had this set up? Will this set up infact kill HP?

Which also brings up another point (but might need to be in different fourm) ....Would a 3000-3200 stall be too much for the stock cam also?

NOW...if i decide to go with the Performer manifold, does anybody know where i can buy JUST THE MANIFOLD.....B/c i already bought a msd 6ls ingition set up....So i dont need the kit....Just the manifold!

Thanks for any advice ....
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Teching In

WOW Guys, thanks for your support and comments! I really feel i got the answered it needed!

OR NOT....jesus a-christ, 38 views and not 1 damn post or comment?

****, im on here to learn, get advice and OBVIOUSLY need help.....but Noooooo...since i only got like 20 sum posts i dont need help!

If i posted in the wrong room, atleast ya'll could have gave me the curtousy of telling me wrong room!

So...do i dare ask again, or shall i go to another LS tech site......?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

I know the feeling. When I firted started posting I got the same tratment. but to comment on your build. good luck. since your doing the swap and the motor will be out of the car anyway why not cam that bitch. put in a victor jr. and be happy.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Putting a victor jr. on would be a mismatch with the stock cam. Your low end torque would suffer because of the intake and your top end would suck because of the stock cam. I know the performer rpm is one of the best manifolds for street and strip for an older sbc. I would go with that if they make one for the lsx.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

ive always stuck by the holly street dominator =)
good for stock or a lil beefed up cams
Old 12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

the rpm range of the manifold is 3500-7500 the stock cam's power range is about 1500-6000, so it's not a good fit, if you can find a computer and stuff I'd suggest going with a stock EFI manifold. that stall converter will wake that car up by at least .5 in the 1/4. Why do you want to run a carb?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by QuickZ28
WOW Guys, thanks for your support and comments! I really feel i got the answered it needed!

****, im on here to learn, get advice and OBVIOUSLY need help.....but Noooooo...since i only got like 20 sum posts i dont need help!

If i posted in the wrong room, atleast ya'll could have gave me the curtousy of telling me wrong room!

Theres no reason to get all frustrated, maybe those 38 people didn't know the answer. I came in thinking it involved maybe the LSx intake or maybe the LS6 or something in that area, so i didn't know the answer to your question either. Atleast you had people coming in here to check it out, so someone was bound to answer you like the posts above me. So chill, have a
-Joel
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to be a jerk, but of course a Victor Jr is too much manifold for a stock cam. Just look at Edelbrocks info on the intake and you would not even need to ask the question. I didn't post the first time I read it because the question was stupid.

The stall is a little high but if it's not a DD it might be OK. I'd go smaller with a stock cam though.

Look on Ebay for the intake. I've seen several there.

Re'
Old 12-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Teching In

The reason i asked that is b/c im a newb when i comes to ls based engines!

I see ppl running the vic jr intake on a stock cam but didnt know how it would react!

I did find the RPM manfold for sale by itself @ SDPC...So looks like ill be going through them!

As far as the cam goes, i really dont have that kind of money to spend on a aftermarket cam...This is a low low budget build! Plus ive got everything right now minus Tq converter/oil pan and intake to get this finished and running! So a cam right now is out of question!

Also, im running carb'd b/c i dont want the hassels of EFI..and dont wanna spend the extra money going that route!

THanks for the replies, and sorry for being a dick...IT was a bad day when i posted that ****, and i also seen it as im new...so nobody wanted to help!
Old 12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

calm the f*** down
Old 12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that stall is too much for a stock cam. I'd run a 4400 N/A on a stock cam.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just spend the $400 and put a cam in that will work with the intake and stall.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whining and swearing causes most of us from not wasting our time posting because the author appears immature and unlikely to listen to the advice given.

Just spend the $400 and put a cam in that will work with the intake and stall.
That is the best technical advice in this thread.

Search this Thread