Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

GTP owner here.. making the switch in the spring/summer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTP owner here.. making the switch in the spring/summer!

Hi Guys!

Ive been lurking here for awhile now... just trying to gather as much info as possible on my next car. I currently own a few pontiacs. Working my way up the stable since high school.. GA> GTP> TA.

I am getting tired of fwd, and auto slushboxes. Ever since i drove my friend's immaculate pewter WS6 with mid 400whp n/a.... well, my GTP doesnt quite fit the need.

I was blissfully happy until you rwd bastards had to lure me into your world of launch traction and gear selection.

SO anyways, Im sure some of you have seen this video, but this car just sounds INCREDIBLE!!! I need to know why...obviously 500+whp sounds good, but i need to know the exhaust setup of this car..it makes me drool!!

God this car is mean!

http://lsx.streetfire.net/video/1d3b...ef0169d4f1.htm

I just keep watching... and watching... over and over....
Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

gtp's are quick little ***** for what they are my buddy used to have one, then he stepped up to a ls1 and now he wont have anything else. he was very happy and im sure you will be to. i dont have sound but that ta probley has a big cam and true duals sounds very nasty. if your looking for a 6 speed they are hard to find. i got a auto, and couldnt be happier. put a stall in one and a 6 speed wont hang with it and you never miss a gear and leave the hole like nothing else. good luck with whatever you get.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Well for one its a 402 with a mid-large cam vs a 346 stock. Oh and from the video I can tell it has True Duals. If you get an LS1 get a 6spd. The feeling in the seat you get is totally different than that of an auto. And from a roll it will walk away from an auto. However, out of the hole against an auto you don't stand a chance. They launch a lot better!

I have a 99' GTP right now in fact coming from an 01' Z28. No comparison. The GTP is quick and will beat 80% of whats out there but the LS1 will beat 99%. Good luck in your search.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from a fellow W-body =]
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Teching In

thanks guys.. so you think he has true duals? Man... it just sounds right. Yeah, the GTP is a phenomenal car for what it is. With around 4000 in mods you will run 11's and destroy just about anything under 30K(including your own transmission)....besides a modded F-body. I only put about 2000 into mine. ZZp runs 9.01 with STOCK INTERNALS, besides valvetrain.. turbo of course... All the really fast gtps lose the eaton heat gun at some point it seems..
Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rashad
thanks guys.. so you think he has true duals? Man... it just sounds right. Yeah, the GTP is a phenomenal car for what it is. With around 4000 in mods you will run 11's and destroy just about anything under 30K(including your own transmission)....besides a modded F-body. I only put about 2000 into mine. ZZp runs 9.01 with STOCK INTERNALS, besides valvetrain.. turbo of course... All the really fast gtps lose the eaton heat gun at some point it seems..
True duals are most def.

I plan on putting a turboe'd L67 or just a GN motor in my buick. Those 3.8's are pretty mean I've learned