View Full Version : Precision Race Components LS7 Cylinder Head Engine Dyno Results!!

Jason 98 TA
12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
We've finally got the opportunity to get the all new PRC CNC Ported LS-7 cylinder head installed on our dyno test LSx 454 engine! The engine was dyno tested with Texas Speed 254/260 camshaft, LS7 intake, Texas Speed all new 100mm MAF & 1 7/8" dyno headers!

Engine Dyno Video:
https://www.texasquadperformance.com/lsx454.mpg

Testing was done with both cylinder heads using the same valves & set to 70cc chambers.

Dyno test with stock GM cnc ported LS7 cylinder heads:

https://www.texasquadperformance.com/beforels7.jpg

Dyno test with Precision Race Components CNC Ported LS7 Cylinder Heads:

https://www.texasquadperformance.com/afterls7.jpg

Pic of the 454 on the engine dyno :) :)

https://www.texasquadperformance.com/ls7dyno.jpg
https://www.texasquadperformance.com/ls7dyno2.jpg

30 Peak Horsepower Gains & 16 lb ft of torque!!

texada
12-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Damm, thats a beast, shit:headbang:

SDB
12-05-2007, 12:40 PM
about 615 or so at the tire I woudl guess! Did this have any "dyno tricks", like ewp (I assume not). Would there be any real power difference between this motor and a LS7 based 440 stroker? Is there any benefit to going with a bigger cam while using the LS7 intake?

What would the total price be for a complete engine (intake, TB, injectors, etc) using a LSx iron block or a LS7 440 stroker?

720 crank hp on a daily driver in a F body or vette would be nice. Probably get decent mileage too!

SDB

12-05-2007, 01:03 PM
:)))what's Compression On That Motor And Is That On Pump Gas!!

PAGregSS
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
More info on 100mm MAF, please.

Haans249
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
The Link doesn't work! =*(

njc.corp
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
more info on the 100 ml maf and is the cam shaft a hyro or soild-

a nice gain

whats the price on the cyc heads complete cnc and ready to go jason?

thanks in advance-

ramairws6
12-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Jason.....are you going to have any exchange program of any kind with people that have LS7 heads already? I'm very interested in your heads but I'm kind've stuck because I have good heads, springs, and valves already. Traver

adams2003
12-05-2007, 10:45 PM
nevermind....I see it now

Haans249
12-05-2007, 11:26 PM
NICE, now just drop a ported LS7 intake, and lets see how much the stock LS7 intake is holding that baby back!

venom ws7
12-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Damn that is a sick set up and awesome numbers .

Great work TSP Like always.

12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
:)))hey Jason Or You Going To Answer Any Of These Post!!! Please!!

-Joseph-
12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Jason and most of the TSP guys are at the PRI show in Orlando, FL. I'll answer a few quick questions before I leave for the weekend myself, but unless Jason finds an internet connection, I wouldn't expect a response until late Sunday or Monday morning. :)

We ended up not using that Vacuum pump in the picture with our heads as it only made 3-4hp pulling 15 inches of vacuum on the crankcase, wasn't worth the hassle and belts were hard to keep in place. You can tell the vacuum pump was on the stock heads by looking at oil pressure, the more vacuum on the crankcase, the lower the indicated oil pressure. We were kinda surprised it didn't pick up more with the pump actually. May be a testament to how well the LSX block cylinders seal and the crankcase breathes!

All pulls were with a ported LS7 intake (look at the dyno notes in the sheet). We had swapped to that earlier on during the testing, but well before swapping heads. I don't remember exactly what the ported intake picked up (we were 3 days on the dyno) but I know it was around 8-9hp. The 100mm MAF picked up a little more than that by itself once tuned, that will likely have its own post. ;)

The engine dyno facility we use only had 113 and 116 octane fuels, we used the 113 for all pulls. The static compression should be around 11.8-1 from what Jason said.

These were also not the final numbers (we tested quite a few setups), I'll let Jason post them up when he gets back. It was enough to not bother swapping to our biggest cam we took... :D

These graphes were the Cylinder Head swap alone, we probably made 20-25 pulls when we were finally finished with the other tests.

Bink
12-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks, man . Good info. :D

383ss
12-07-2007, 02:36 PM
impressive!! will be looking forward to seeing info on the rest of your testing

Beaflag VonRathburg
12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Why use such high octane fuel for 11.8:1? How much timing are you guys running and is that some super high DCR cam?

moeZ28
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
No dyno tricks...just no power steering, no air lid or air filter, EWP, underdrive pulley, no altenator so no need for a serpentine belt, 1 7/8" "dyno headers" which wouldnt fit an F-body or a corvette and are symmetrical for even flow...no dyno tricks at all!!! I wanna see this setup in a running, driveable vehicle, on a chassis dyno, with all enigine components hooked up and working, and with a serpentine belt, air lid, filter, etc. like it would actually be in someone's car...make good numbers then and I'll be impressed, as long as the numbers from TSP's chassis dyno equate to other comparable dynos, and are not "inflated".

venom ws7
12-08-2007, 03:21 AM
What!!!! I didnt know you cant install 1 7/8 headers on F-BODY????

moeZ28
12-08-2007, 06:56 AM
I didnt mean b/c of the size of the primaries people...b/c of the shape of the primaries and how they run...how many sets of long tubes for f-bodies and corvettes are identical on each side and can stick out that far from the block and not hit something else in the engine compartment...Jesus Christ guys...I am not a complete dumbass!! Just mostly a dumbass...HAHAHA! Those headers will outflow and and outperform any aftermarket LS-style header on the market b/c of how they are designed! Really, I just wanted to light a fire under their ass to get this motor in a car and give us some real world numbers! i am interested to see what kind of RWHP this setup can produce!!

The Alchemist
12-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Am I the only one that looks at this as they only gained 27hp and 5-20 ft/lbs of torque through out the rpm band over stock heads? That tells me that the factory ls7 heads are pretty badass from the factory. And those gains might not be as large once the motor gets bolted up in a car with real world accesories and exhaust / intake.

Again, I'm not knocking, just amazed at how well the factory heads work with the larger cam and all of the intake/exhaust work.

dci67
12-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Am I the only one that looks at this as they only gained 27hp and 5-20 ft/lbs of torque through out the rpm band over stock heads? That tells me that the factory ls7 heads are pretty badass from the factory. And those gains might not be as large once the motor gets bolted up in a car with real world accesories and exhaust / intake.

Again, I'm not knocking, just amazed at how well the factory heads work with the larger cam and all of the intake/exhaust work.

I agree, it kind of shows that the stock LS7 heads pretty much max the plastic intake. The results are still great, especially considering their heads cost less than stock. They would probably show more gain if tested back to back with a sheet metal.

I would like to see what it would do on 93 octane instead of 113 to show what we would really get in street trim. Who knows how much it would drop, its does have street compression at 11.8 so I would like to think not a huge amount, but I don't know how to even estimate that.

The Alchemist
12-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I agree, it kind of shows that the stock LS7 heads pretty much max the plastic intake. The results are still great, especially considering their heads cost less than stock. They would probably show more gain if tested back to back with a sheet metal.

I would like to see what it would do on 93 octane instead of 113 to show what we would really get in street trim. Who knows how much it would drop, its does have street compression at 11.8 so I would like to think not a huge amount, but I don't know how to even estimate that.

Actually, it would probably make more power on 93 than the 113. You always want to run as low of an octane without getting knock. As the octane rating goes up, the amount of energy decreases, which is one of the reasons octane goes up. Octane is a measurement of resistance to auto ignition, in loose terms. The higher the octane, the less thermal energy available.

I wouldn't doubt that it would make a solid 7-10 more horsepower with 93.

dci67
12-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Actually, it would probably make more power on 93 than the 113. You always want to run as low of an octane without getting knock. As the octane rating goes up, the amount of energy decreases, which is one of the reasons octane goes up. Octane is a measurement of resistance to auto ignition, in loose terms. The higher the octane, the less thermal energy available.

I wouldn't doubt that it would make a solid 7-10 more horsepower with 93.

I guess that would depend on how they had it tuned as well. I see your point if it was a 93 octane tune and then all they did is put 113 in it, but if they tuned it for 113 I'm sure they would have to back off the timing for 93. Anyhow, just seems l like a lot of variables to me, I wish they tested with 93 they we would not have to speculate.

-Joseph-
12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I believe these runs were 28* of timing. It made the most power at 26*, but thats not shown in these dyno runs, but was done later with other cams. We could have made much more if this was more of a race setup with more compression, but this motor was a in-stock motor that is going to a customer next week for a GTO.

I do have a similiar setup scheduled for install, but it probably won't be done until the middle of January with how busy we have been.

Anyway just thought I'd throw another post in before going skiing. Have a great weekend guys!

dci67
12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I believe these runs were 28* of timing. It made the most power at 26*, but thats not shown in these dyno runs, but was done later with other cams. We could have made much more if this was more of a race setup with more compression, but this motor was a in-stock motor that is going to a customer next week for a GTO.

I do have a similiar setup scheduled for install, but it probably won't be done until the middle of January with how busy we have been.

Anyway just thought I'd throw another post in before going skiing. Have a great weekend guys!

Thanks. Let us know what it does at the tire in that GTO. I'm seriously considering a big cube upgrade. I want to stay with an alum block (427 or 440), but this gives some good perspective.

WickEdSix98
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Does the motor make the most power with the brake specifics that low? They show scary lean. Maybe a fuel injected engine acts different than carbureted engines on a dyno though. :confused:

jermzz
12-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I guess that would depend on how they had it tuned as well. I see your point if it was a 93 octane tune and then all they did is put 113 in it, but if they tuned it for 113 I'm sure they would have to back off the timing for 93. Anyhow, just seems l like a lot of variables to me, I wish they tested with 93 they we would not have to speculate.

I think he's saying to run that octane you need higher compression. You always want to run the lowest octane you can without detonation. 11.8:1 can run 91 without detonating. 12.5:1 however you can not. Minimum you can run is 100. Running high octane in a car that doesn't need it will make you lose power. Thats how I understand it anyway.

JakeFusion
12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Just as an FYI, TSP ran similar conditions with their 418cid L92 headed engine that made 640HP on the engine dyno with those same 1-7/8" headers.

In a Camaro that 418 L92 made 560rwhp with 1-3/4" headers and full street trim. So if you figure the variables were about the same for the engine dyno, then you can count on losing probably around 80HP. I lost around 70HP in my Vette - engine dyno to chassis dyno, so I figure that's pretty close.

720HP - 80HP is still a god awful lot. I'm not sure it'd pull 640rwhp... but ported LS7 heads with big cams have made 600-615 with 427cid. Add another 25+ cid and it could add another 15-25rwhp. In street trim it's probably a solid 620rwhp.

maddboost
12-10-2007, 04:11 AM

Yes but the PRC heads are only a few hundred dollars more than the GM LS7 heads. Lots of guys spend hundreds of dollars for less HP/TQ gains.

Great work TSP.:chug:

ScottyRocket
12-10-2007, 09:10 AM
What's up with the oil pressure dropping off on the initial run? bad sensor or pump?

Jason 98 TA
12-10-2007, 10:05 AM

This post completely amazes me.... Do you understand what your saying? Your saying your surprised that we were able to build a cnc ported head to replace a already cnc ported head with all the same components & pickup ONLY 27hp? That post completely surprises me!

Here's what you get: 27 hp over the stock ALREADY CNC PORTED HEADS for less cost than a brand new GM CNC LS7 Cylinder Head!

-------------
Guys the engine was run on 100 octane, but it will be in a 93 octane GTO very shortly.

We've had several dyno tests showing 30rwhp gains on LS7 Z06 cars with no other changes but the heads & a little decking. :) :)

-Joseph-
12-10-2007, 12:10 PM
What's up with the oil pressure dropping off on the initial run? bad sensor or pump?

I posted earlier that that run had a vacuum pump on it then (-15), but we had problems keeping the belt on with the later pulls.

Jason 98 TA
12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
https://www.texasquadperformance.com/ls7dynograph.jpg

The Alchemist
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
This post completely amazes me.... Do you understand what your saying? Your saying your surprised that we were able to build a cnc ported head to replace a already cnc ported head with all the same components & pickup ONLY 27hp? That post completely surprises me!

Here's what you get: 27 hp over the stock ALREADY CNC PORTED HEADS for less cost than a brand new GM CNC LS7 Cylinder Head!

-------------
Guys the engine was run on 100 octane, but it will be in a 93 octane GTO very shortly.

We've had several dyno tests showing 30rwhp gains on LS7 Z06 cars with no other changes but the heads & a little decking. :) :)

Sorry to piss you off. I didn't realize the factory LS7 head was a cnc ported peice and I didn't realize that what you were offering was less than the factory heads.

But still. It's not the size gains like going from an ls1 factory cast peice to a custom cnc'd head that you see 50+ horsepower.

I wasnt' knocking yours, just saying how well the factory heads flowed considering the larger cam and headers ect. It tells me that the factory ls7 heads aren't the biggest restriction in the factory ls7.

The Alchemist
12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Plus, I understand that you say people are picking up 30hp just swapping heads, but how much of a gain are they getting from doing a different cam? It's an honest question, that I don't know the answer to. Everything I've heard was the ls7 was undercammed from the factory and people were seeing pretty big gains with just a cam and header swap.

Jason 98 TA
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh I got ya!!! The ls7 picks up huge power with cam & head swaps thats for sure!!

N4cer
12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Plus, I understand that you say people are picking up 30hp just swapping heads, but how much of a gain are they getting from doing a different cam? It's an honest question, that I don't know the answer to. Everything I've heard was the ls7 was undercammed from the factory and people were seeing pretty big gains with just a cam and header swap.
It's always a nicer running car if done with heads instead of cam, when comparing same HP numbers.

HTMtrSprt
12-11-2007, 10:28 AM

Actually, octane has NOTHING to do with a fuel's BTU content so saying a lower octane fuel has more energy potential is not true.

HTMtrSprt
12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Does the motor make the most power with the brake specifics that low? They show scary lean.

And..... brake specific fuel consumption has nothing to do with air/fuel ratio, it is simply a measure of how much fuel it takes to produce the engine's horsepower.

fastvet
12-11-2007, 03:56 PM
That is very impressive! I would like to here that engine at an idle.

Jason, What was the lobe separation on that cam that produced those numbers? And what was the lift on it too? I would really like to know.

Thanks,
Jesse

backchannel
12-11-2007, 09:56 PM
[.

We've had several dyno tests showing 30rwhp gains on LS7 Z06 cars with no other changes but the heads & a little decking. :) :)[/QUOTE]

Can I assume this is with a cammed engine? Any data on stock or small cam LS7, stock/ported intake.

TNT76
12-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Would these heads be too big for a mild cammed street 427? ie.less than 11:1 comp and 230- 240 cam.

Robin L
12-12-2007, 09:24 AM
And..... brake specific fuel consumption has nothing to do with air/fuel ratio, it is simply a measure of how much fuel it takes to produce the engine's horsepower.

A very good point! Generally only highly developed nascar engines would have BSFC numbers that low. Some people make the mistake of tuning to the numbers and not the horsepower.
I would think that it would make more power with more fuel and more timing. Also a lower octane fuel would be good to test. Hopefully the dyno operator measured the weight of the fuel and calibrated the dyno for that number. If not the BSFC number will be skewed.

I see that the dyno had wide band o2's but I don't see any data. If it was very lean they surely would have noticed.

One thing that we see a lot is guys trying to get perfect numbers on the dyno. The O2's , EGT's, Fuel Flow, and things like BSFC are just numbers to let you know when your out of range. A well built and tuned engine will exhibit numbers that fall into the normal range.

On most power adder combinations it's possible to make more power in self destruction mode. For that reason it's wise to keep the numbers in a "safe" range.
Also if tuning on the edgeit's allways wise to have O2's on each cylinder. Then you know how much you can lean on your tune up.

Nice numbers!

Robin

550maro
12-18-2007, 11:35 AM
The vac. pump isnt hooked up

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
The vac. pump isnt hooked up

The vac pump isnt hooked up for the head install.

N4cer
12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
No dyno tricks...just no power steering, no air lid or air filter, EWP, underdrive pulley, no altenator so no need for a serpentine belt, 1 7/8" "dyno headers" which wouldnt fit an F-body or a corvette and are symmetrical for even flow...no dyno tricks at all!!! I wanna see this setup in a running, driveable vehicle, on a chassis dyno, with all enigine components hooked up and working, and with a serpentine belt, air lid, filter, etc. like it would actually be in someone's car...make good numbers then and I'll be impressed, as long as the numbers from TSP's chassis dyno equate to other comparable dynos, and are not "inflated".
I see TSP addressing every other post. How about addressing this one regarding the obvious dyno tricks performed on this? For pity's sake, you've addressed the vacuum pump question, but not one like this that points out the glaring problems with the dyno numbers.

I'd love to know where the accessories are, and what LSx car those headers are gonna fit.

Zach@MTI
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
wow, a couple of real life keyboard heroes on here!

N4cer
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
What do you mean? You don't like the idea of getting accurate, relevant information from a sponsor instead of BS? I buy from TSP. I just don't see why everyone just accepts any BS that is spoon fed to them.

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
My bad guys I thought calling a electric water pump a dyno trick was a joke... Why don't you guys tell me what is considered a dyno trick on a engine dyno & I can tell you how it we had it setup.

The engine is a typical engine dyno test. IE: no mufflers, no cats, no filter, no accessories because you dont really need power steering & a alternator on the engine dyno.

The engine test had the vac. pump on it for the stock head dyno number, but I left it off for the PRC ported head dyno tests because it didn't add hardly any power...

The headers have to be a dyno only 1 7/8" standard ls header. You need a dyno header to clear the dyno test stand.

I see TSP addressing every other post. How about addressing this one regarding the obvious dyno tricks performed on this? For pity's sake, you've addressed the vacuum pump question, but not one like this that points out the glaring problems with the dyno numbers.

I'd love to know where the accessories are, and what LSx car those headers are gonna fit.

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Please go ahead & explain to me & the other members of this forum what part of this post is b.s.

I simply posted a before & after dyno graph on installing ONE part on a test engine. It really does not get anymore simple than that.

What do you mean? You don't like the idea of getting accurate, relevant information from a sponsor instead of BS? I buy from TSP. I just don't see why everyone just accepts any BS that is spoon fed to them.

badcompany
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
LMAO You a$$ holes didn't run the power steering pump when you dyno tested a cylinder head swap? LMAO

:thinker: :thinker:

I bet it you ran a power steering pump & alternator on that motor the cylinder heads would have actually lost 150 horsepower!!

:eyes:

Scoggin Dickey
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM
WOW! Guys, this is the same setup we all use for the engine dyno! Like Jason stated, you can't bolt on just any set of headers and clear the stand. And who wants to see engine dyno numbers WITH all of the accessories and cats/mufflers?

This whole concept of engine dyno testing parts isn't new! Jason and his crew did a very good job of isolating the variables and showing the gains that can be had by swapping JUST one part. The vacuum pump and electric pump I, for one, can appreciate because most of the setups these double-throw-down heads and big cams are going in are likely to run those pumps as well!

You test parts during R&D using this setup. Then you put them in some lucky customer's vehicle for chassis dyno results. Those two don't happen in the same day very often! But, Jason, I guess you could/should go the way that MANY "LSx performance shops" do, and just skip that R&D stage all together....just make up some numbers and put them on a website to sell and lie to customers when they call about the gains. :eyes::bang:

N4cer
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Easy killer. No need to get defensive unless you feel guilty there, bud. Just odd that you refused to answer it. And yeah, it's personal opinion that I think it's kinda shady to put up big numbers and just conveniently fail to mention "keep in mind, this is done with this this and this different". That doesn't even tell us what gains it would make on a setup that would be put in a car. Nowhere near it.

But it's really no big deal to me. Just funny. Don't take yourself so seriously. I wasn't attacking you. I wanted to get you to address it, and you finally did. Purpose served, issue resolved. Have a Merry Christmas. And good work on the heads. I'm impressed and would love to have a set.

TVWilkes
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM

The dyno test performed by TSP is standard operating procedure for engine dynoing. Who cares about the accessories, this was a test showing the difference between 2 sets of heads tested in the same environment. If you want to see the results of the accessories then buy the damn motor and test it in your car. BTW, that test is called a chassis dyno test.

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Actually if I was trying to just overwelm everyone with dyno sheets I'd get out the dyno of that engine ultimately making over 750 flywheel horsepower. All I was attempting to show was a simple part swap dyno sheet. I really dont see how that makes anyone feel defensive or guilty. This was a simple part swap before & after test..

Easy killer. No need to get defensive unless you feel guilty there, bud. Just odd that you refused to answer it. And yeah, it's personal opinion that I think it's kinda shady to put up big numbers and just conveniently fail to mention "keep in mind, this is done with this this and this different". That doesn't even tell us what gains it would make on a setup that would be put in a car. Nowhere near it.

But it's really no big deal to me. Just funny. Don't take yourself so seriously. I wasn't attacking you. I wanted to get you to address it, and you finally did. Purpose served, issue resolved. Have a Merry Christmas. And good work on the heads. I'm impressed and would love to have a set.

Zach@MTI
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM

He probably didnt reply to the post accusing of dyno tricks because its a ginormous waste of his time....

Good job though keeping the sponsors in check though :eyes:

Zach@MTI
12-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Jason, all you need now is a cam guru to come in here and school us all on cam specs and then we will be set!

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Dude I bet I can find one here on ls1tech... Sadly I've only tested 12 different camshafts in this engine.... Luckily for us we have some cam gurus on ls1tech that have never built/seen/tested any camshaft on a dyno before that could easily spec out a camshaft to pick up 20 torque across the board.

JMBLOWNWS6
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Im not going to read all this BS. Bottom line is TSP is taking the time to do these tests and they have brought prices down alot for all of us to enjoy. Bashing them in BS.

Pro Stock John
12-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Sick numbers, the LSx scene never stops amazing me.

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the support JMB! I wasn't trying to impress people with what these things can make, hell I have dyno numbers of that engine making anothe 30+hp with different cams & stuff. I was just trying to show power potential from a simple head swap.

Jason
Im not going to read all this BS. Bottom line is TSP is taking the time to do these tests and they have brought prices down alot for all of us to enjoy. Bashing them in BS.

Andrew91GT
12-18-2007, 03:32 PM

You get water temp numbers, oil pressure numbers, etc. for each pull and the ONLY part that was changed was the cylinder heads and disuse of the vacuum pump. The purpose of the test was to show the difference the heads could make on that setup. What are you expecting, an ET difference from both heads? Come on man....

JMBLOWNWS6
12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the support JMB! I wasn't trying to impress people with what these things can make, hell I have dyno numbers of that engine making anothe 30+hp with different cams & stuff. I was just trying to show power potential from a simple head swap.

Jason

No problem man. And thanks for the gift you sent to us (Lethal Performance :jest: )

Jason 98 TA
12-18-2007, 05:59 PM
No problem man. And thanks for the gift you sent to us (Lethal Performance :jest: )

Yeah buddy!! :) :)

99blancoSS
12-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Soooooo...

Any customer cars with these on yet? numbers? Do I get a prize if I'm the first to post? LOL

VT R8
02-26-2008, 03:01 AM
just a quick question to revive a old thread

was the cam hyd or solid. Thanx :)

VH5150
02-26-2008, 03:18 AM
yep!!!!

briannutter
02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Excellent numbers! Was that the vp 113 or another brand of 113?....the oxygenated VP is making some good power from what I've heard. Next time you're on the pump, it would be interesting to see if you could make it run on 93 octane. The bsfc was interesting...It's not often I see a "relatively" low compression engine run best that lean. Good work on the heads! We're going to start seeing a lot of 700+ crank pump gas 454 and larger cube engines in the near future. -Brian Nutter

Jon@Texas-Speed
02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
just a quick question to revive a old thread

was the cam hyd or solid. Thanx :)

Hydraulic Camshaft :D

Jason 98 TA
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
We've shipped about a dozen sets of them so far with typical gains of 35rwhp-45rwhp based on decking. We gained something close to 100rwhp with heads & cam change in our c6 z06!!

Oh4GTO
03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
How do these heads perform in the lower RPMs. Your dyno pulls start so high in the RPM range, I would love to see what they would do in the lower range for a daily driver.

Oh and what did the GTO make?