Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK heres the real problem

Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK heres the real problem

I finally got my truck to a local tunner. For those of you that remember I had a back two lean code that others had told me was a programming issue since all the mechanicals like leaks had been checked.

Well as it turns out that the custom harness made for the truck is the trouble. Basically the sensor is fine, we swapped it to the other side to check that. and we get 12 volts to the sensor testing from the plug. Up at the computer side of things we get 70 millivolts all the time on the high signal when it should be between 700 and 800. Also we only get 2 volts and when we test the other (working) O2 sensor we get a full 12 volts to the computer.

I don't know electrical very well. I was going to check to see that the right wire runs from the sensor up to the computer to be sure a wire didn't get crossed somewhere? I think the sensor should be heating up ok since 12 volts are getting to the sensor. But I don't now alot about it or how the system works.

Any suggestions or tutorials as to where to go from here. The harness was made in Florida and sent to me here in Utah. I would really hate to have to pull the harness and send it back and have misgivings as to how well it would get fixed anyway since an number of other things were wired wrong.

If anyone has the wire diagrams for an 04 LQ4 02 stuff that they could send or post that would be good also.

Thanks as always, you guys are great!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the o2 sensor just has a 12v source, a computer lead, and a ground. just pull the harness and trace the wires out. maybe a bad ground or a cut wire.

Search this Thread