Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV valve and oil catch can giving me problems.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PCV valve and oil catch can giving me problems.

I have a 99 C5 and just put a Fast 90 and an LS2 TB. I put a catch can and now im getting a lot of suction from the oil cap on the valve cover. When I turned the car on yesterday I was hearing what I though was a air leak but, when I removed to oil cap (for what reason I dont know) and pulled it off I heard a load suction so I put my palm of my hand over the oil cap hole and it started to suck it hard, like if it was a vacuum cleaner. Im thinking I have the catch can set up wrong. Guys can you help? Ill show you how I set up my catch can via a member over at the corvette forum.

This is the tb im using and the stock one next to it. Not that the LS2 Tb does not have the opening of the TB like the stock one in Red for the PCV system.

What I did was T off the blue and the red hose together and run them to the catch can and then I ran to outlet of the catch can to the intake, and thats were the problem is. Can anyone help???

Old 12-06-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That opening on the stock TB is to flow fresh air into the valve cover. So, I'm not sure how you'd deal with that with the LS2 TB.

As for the routing you have, block off the driver's side cover and just route a line from the passenger side rear to the catch can, then into the TB.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
That opening on the stock TB is to flow fresh air into the valve cover. So, I'm not sure how you'd deal with that with the LS2 TB.

As for the routing you have, block off the driver's side cover and just route a line from the passenger side rear to the catch can, then into the TB.
What??? Then into the TB, Like I said I cant run anything to the TB, unless you are trying to say intake?????
Old 12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

un-tee the vent hose, Put the tube/hose from the front of the valve cover back to the TB. Only the PCV system should be routed with the Catch Can.

That would be the Red Vent line in the picture
Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by regorih383
What??? Then into the TB, Like I said I cant run anything to the TB, unless you are trying to say intake?????
Sorry, I meant to the intake. Whoops.